Mrs. Berger's Weekly Update!
January 11th, 2016
I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and was able to dry out from the rainy week! I am looking forward to continuing my Q2 conferences this week with more families. We have no students signed up for Weekly Olympian going forward. Only a few have participated so far. It was a fun activity for those that participated and the kids love hearing from their classmates. Please sign up! This weekend is a three day weekend. We have Monday off in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Please read the important information below for updates for the week!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
April : )
Click above to view and print the weekly progress goal tracker
- If you have not signed up for our "virtual" Quarterly Academic Conference please do. The link is on our symbaloo site. If you would prefer to meet in person please send me an email and I will see if we can schedule an in person conference.
- MANY items are due next Friday on 1/15. Please see the calendar below for important due dates. The Q2 work sample cover sheet is posted on symbaloo for your reference. You may turn things in early if you prefer and they are completed. Assignments need to be mailed to my home address arriving before their due dates.
- Work samples need to have the proper heading and the cover sheet completed. If they do not they will be returned to be revised and returned. Thank you for understanding. Samples can be found on the symbaloo page.
- The end of the semester is quickly approaching. If your student is behind in any subjects they are encouraged to catch up and complete those extra lessons between now and the end of the semester so their semester grades are not affected.
- I have a new phone number and a new address. My contact information above and my email signature have been updated to reflect the changes.
- Your kiddos are excited to be our Weekly Olympian. Please see Symbaloo to sign up if you haven't already!!!
Mark Your Calendars
2nd Quarter: November 5th to January 27th
- 15th LP4 PE Log Due 12/2-1/12
- 15th PE Semester 1 Assignment Due
- 15th Q2 Work Samples Due- Original Work
- 15th Composition Due- “Persuasive” Unit 4 Pre-writing & Final Paper
- 15th Math TGA Due- Unit 5 Lesson 13
- 15th Literature- Critical Skills Assessment- Unit 9
- 15th History Writing Assignment Due- Unit 5
- 18th Martin Luther King Day- No School
- 24th-29th National School Choice Week
- 27th End of Quarter 2 / 1st Semester
- 29th LP5 PE Log Due 1/13-2/17
Check the weekly OLS plan for links to the following weekly class connect sessions:
- Homeroom: Mondays 9:30a.m. (Optional)
- Math: Tuesdays-Fridays 9a.m.
- Language Arts for GUM and Composition: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11a.m.
Student Support Classes
Students may be invited to 1-3 classes per week. The students invited to the classes are subject to change weekly. Links to the classes, if invited, will appear on your weekly plan.