ITRT News and Updates
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
Individual session info here
Technology Updates/Info/Integration Ideas (???)
MS Office 2013
Web 2.0 Graphite
Organize everything! Evernote is a cloud storage application that allows users to add notes via text, audio, or images and organize them into online files- called ‘notebooks’. Evernote is designed to ‘remember everything’ and allows users to easily collect and find data on multiple devices. Evernote and a mobile device combined allow teachers to work effectively, move around the school and not be tethered to a desk in the classroom, with everything they need at their fingertips. To effectively become organized with Evernote many teachers are storing student assessment notes and portfolios, lesson plans and administrative tasks within the app. This means that no matter where the educator is, home or school, they can access all of their information efficiently.
Evernote is also supported on Android, MAC, PC and web.
Social Media Spotlight: #MysterySkype
Technology Integration: The Good, the Better, the Best
This creativity software allows elementary students to share their learning through a combination of text, original artwork, voice narration, and images.
Find training resources for: Recipes - tutorials, Snacks - References, and user guides.
Implementing BYOD in your classroom:
- Think carefully about your goals
- Survey students about what devices they own
- Determine rules for personal devices, and make sure everyone is clear on them
- Ask students about their experiences with their own devices
- Let students teach others how to use specific apps on various devices
- Plan how you can use BYOD to develop fun and meaningful activities for students