The Hardy Herald
March 12, 2018
One District, One Book
One District, One Book kicked off to a great start last week. Students enjoyed a wonderful skit introducing the characters and they even had a chance to see a real pig! Thank you for your cooperation and reading Charlotte's Web over the next few weeks. Please log onto to our school website for the audio read aloud version of the book. Chapters in Charlotte's Web are listed under the student icon on the website.
Agriculture or "AG" in the Classroom
Smithfield High School Reading Buddies
- We are looking for volunteers to read to our kindergarten and first grade students. If you are interested in volunteering and reading with our students, please contact Linda Henk @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reading every day is very important for your child’s continued growth. Children that read for at least 1 hour a day will grow more than 2 years during the school year. Please encourage your child to read for at least 30 minutes (2 steps) a day.
- BREAKFAST/ LUNCH ACCOUNT BALANCE- If you owe money on your child’s lunch account, please remember to pay the balance ASAP. The cost of breakfast is $1.20 and lunch is $2.45. Reduced lunch prices are FREE for breakfast and $. 40 for lunch. If you have not submitted the lunch form to receive free/reduced lunch, please submit the form ASAP. Once the form is submitted, free/reduced lunch should take less than a week to process. If you are having difficulty with paying for lunch, please see Mrs. Denson. You may upload money onto your child’s account at www.lunchprepay.com or send in cash or check. The class with the most forms submitted will receive a special treat from the cafeteria.
Hardy Elementary School
ST Math Login
Dates to Remember
- March 29- Kindergarten Expo- "It's in the Bag"
- April 2-6- Spring Break- All school closed.