Liz's Lowdown - Shorter HI Edition
Week of MAY 1st - Can you believe we made it to May?!
1. TIMESHEETS - No action needed. Please wait for more info from me at the training about the logistics of the new system. If you're not attending the training the info will be in Friday's training follow up email.
- Timesheets (returners only): May 1st marks the start of our new tracking system for advising for the 2016-2017 school year. I will share all the logistics of the system during the training on Thursday, but in the meantime no action needed, other than being aware of how much you're working this week.
- Training: Look forward to seeing returning folks there! If you can't make it, I'll be scheduling a make-up training and will send information out about when/where in the next week.
- End of Semester Survey: The survey is open. You should be receiving the link in the next day or two and it is really helpful if you can share with students.
- Graduation info: The Registrar sent students logistical information today. Attached here. Please support their messaging as needed.
- 2016 Returning advisors: If you receive emails from incoming 2016 cohort students, please forward them to me and I'll respond. You should not be responding until June 1st.
- Dealing with Unapproved electives: If you have students that register for electives not on the list, Natalie will send you an email. (You might also notice in roster checks). If this is the case, they must drop or they will be force dropped. Here is a sample message to send to them when this happened:
<Any language you want here>
I’m doing my roster checks and noticed you enrolled in an unapproved elective. The electives on the emailed list are all offered by other programs, and we must receive approval to offer them to you all. The list shows the specially selected and approved courses available to our community. The course(s) you are enrolled in unfortunately do not fall in that group. Unless you have a documentable reason to be in this course, you need to drop it immediately or we will be forced to remove you from it before the start of the summer semester.
- Liz OOO: I'm on vacation for two more days. Will be back Thursday, May 4th. Thanks for your patience. Remember - if something is urgent, please contact me by phone - 443.602.5220.