February 8, 2020
Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem
Students, if you would like to sing the National Anthem one Monday, please contact Mrs. Jarvis, our choir teacher, in room 14 for more information!
9th graders who will be attending Spanish Fork High School, WE NEED YOU! Come try lacrosse, one of the fastest growing high school sports! Lacrosse is officially sanctioned in Nebo and each high school is currently building their teams, so grab a friend or fall sport teammate, and join us! This sport is for everyone!
Did you know that the local high school lacrosse club team began on the SFHS fields and has a Kindergarten through 8th grade program that practices on the SFJHS fields? Now it’s your turn to help build this team! If you’ve never played, or if you played years ago, join us for open practice and experience it for yourself! Help as we build our first-ever SFHS Dons Lacrosse team and set out to play other Nebo District High Schools for the very first time! Spring season starts March 1st!
Open practice for boys grades 9-12, with efforts for a girls team to follow.
· Come in athletic gear; for footwear preferable cleats; other gear (chest pads, helmets, etc. will be provided for use during practice)
This week’s practice schedule and location:
· Monday 2/8 - Spanish Fork HS (football field or weight room), 4pm - 6pm
· Wednesday 2/10 and 2/11 - Spanish Fork HS (football field or weight room), 4pm - 6pm
Connect with Us!
· Parents and/or players, if you have any questions, come to practice and talk to the coaches, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Follow on Instagram @dons.lacrosse
· See MaxPreps for full schedule: https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/spanish-fork-dons-(spanish-fork,ut)/lacrosse/schedule.htm
Class Registration for 2021-22 School Year
Over the next few weeks, students will be choosing their classes for next year. Counselors will go to classes for two days. On the first day, counselors will talk through the different course options available to students and give them course information. Students will then fill out the course request forms and get parent signatures. Counselors will go back into classes on a second day to collect course request forms and help students enter their courses for next year into iCampus. Please look for the information that will be coming home with your child. These registration meetings will take place on the following days:
7th grade: February 8 and 11 in CCA
8th grade: February 9 and 12 in US History
9th grade: March 1 and 5 in World History (The counselors from Spanish Fork High School will come meet with our 9th graders on these two days.)
Zoom Parent Teacher Conference
Zoom Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held Thursday, February 18, from 2:30 to 7:00pm. I will send a list of SignUp Genius links at the end of next week so you may sign up to visit with your child’s teachers.