Beyond Porn Addiction
Practical Ways to Approach Porn-Related Problems
Friday, May 13th, 5-9pm
The University of Utah, College of Social Work
- Conceptualize the individualized diversity and changing nature of pornography
- Assess the function and role of porn in people’s lives
- Use issues related to porn to gain a deeper understanding of a patient’s coping
- Understand the complex relationship between porn and sexual crimes
- Use porn therapeutically within relationships
- Respond therapeutically and effectively to concerns about porn addiction
- Support and encourage responsible, mindful and aware use of porn.
This workshop contains some explicit imagery, language and media, used in a thoughtful, non-salacious manner to illustrate and broaden the dialogue.
About Dr. Ley
Dr. David J. Ley is an internationally-recognized expert on issues related to sexuality, pornography and mental health. He has appeared on television with Anderson Cooper, Katie Couric, Dr. Phil and others. He has been interviewed in publications ranging from the LA Times and the London Telegraph, to Playboy and Hustler magazines. Dr. Ley has published extensively in both the academic and “pop” realms of literature. His two books, The Myth of Sex Addiction (2012) and Insatiable Wives (2009) were revolutionary explorations of sexual issues which blended a powerful client-centered narrative with a rich understanding of psychology, biology and sociology. At the same time, he is Executive Director of a large behavioral health and substance abuse outpatient program, and consults across the country on both mental health and sexuality-related issues. As a result, Dr. Ley is able to bring a broad, practical approach to help mental health clinicians effectively address sexuality-
PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS
We strive to create a safe place that enables our clients to talk about emotions and to seek therapy for life’s challenges. We help clients overcome the social taboos against sharing their struggles and emotions regarding mamahood, sex and relationships,mental health and navigating the many transitions life presents. Our therapists are carefully selected for their clinical competency, passion for caring, personal specialties and strengths.
For specific questions about the event, email: firstname.lastname@example.org