BUENA VISTA - NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ............... WEEK 36: 4/26 - 4/30
Dear Buena Vista Families
Early Literacy and STAR Testing for all students this week.
This newsletter also includes:
- Music lesson for TK - 2nd grade
- Kindergarten registration - information.
- Drop off and Pick up procedures
- Bus schedule
- 2021 Parent Summer Program Flyers English & Spanish see link: Parent Flyers
- Visitors are not allowed on campus.
UPCOMING EVENTS -
- 5/4 - 5/7 TK/K Registration
- 5/6 SSC Meeting 3pm
- 5/28 Non-student Day (No School)
- 5/31 Holiday, no school (Memorial Day)
- 6/10 Last Day of School (Minimum Day)
Authors Go Round Winners - CONGRATULATIONS!
BV Amazing Readers
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #2: FOR TK - 2nd GRADE STUDENTS
BV Music Grades TK-2 Video #2
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt
- Daily attendance is required. School starts at 8:00am prompt.
- All students must return promptly after recesses and lunch breaks.
- Call the main office to report an absence when your student is ill etc.
- Communicate with your child's teacher so your child can make-up missing work.
- Safe, On Task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- All Eagles must S.O.A.R!
- Please review the chart below on S.O.A.R expectations with your child.
- Encourage them to continue to S.O.A.R.
- Caring - displaying kindness and concern for others. Have your student explain "caring" and share video below. The Buena Vista family is a caring family.
- A Goal without a plan is just a Wish.
- Mistakes are Opportunities for Learning.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEURES
- AM Cohort starts at 8am and ends at 10:30am.
- PM Cohort starts at 12pm and ends at 2:30pm.
- Gates open at 7:50am for the AM cohort and 11:50am for the PM cohort.
- For questions, call the office at 805-742-2020.
Vehicle Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please drop-off and pick-up students in the area marked off by cones.
- Do not get down from your vehicle. Students will walk to your car.
- Have your child's name displayed in the windshield or side window of your vehicle. Example is in picture below.
- Bus riders will exit gate across from library or the bike gate.
- Students walking home, must use sidewalks.
- Use your helmet if you are riding your bike to and from school.
- For students safety, use the crosswalk to cross Aldebaran Avenue. Do not jaywalk.
CAN MY CHILD GO TO SCHOOL TODAY? ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THE BLUE BOX
BUENA VISTA BUS SCHEDULE:
FREE ONLINE CLASSES FOR THE FAMILY
HOW TO SOAR
Safety For All
Join PTA: Follow the link:
Safety For All
- Always have your mask on to come to the school site.
- Stay 6 feet apart when interacting with anyone at the site.