Oct 2020 Newsletter
Update on Club Offerings
We are hard at work finalizing club offerings for the 2020-2021 school year. Please watch the K12 website, school announcements, and newsletters for updates.
Is your student a proactive and driven leader?
If your answer is yes, he or she is a perfect candidate for the new Destinations Career Academy Student Advisory Council, a paid internship opportunity for 10th, 11th and 12th grade students currently in a Destinations Career program.
While serving as a brand ambassador and community liaison, your student will boost their resume with work experience, learn valuable professional skills from K12 executives, and gain access to college scholarships. It’s never too early to prepare for their future. Don’t let them pass up on this extraordinary opportunity!
Encourage your student to apply today!
Have you checked out K12 Latino yet on Social Media? The Spanish-only platform is for Hispanic parents looking to learn more about the benefits of a personalized and tuition-free online education at K12. The content is original, unique, and suited for all of our families.
This month we are celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month. From September 15th - October 15th, families all around the US come together to celebrate the great contributions that Latinos and Hispanic Americans have made to the history, culture, and achievements of the United States.
Learning Coach Tip of the Month - Empowering Independent Learners!
Veteran Learning Coach and K12 employee, Heidi, shares advice for building independent learners. Heidi’s strategies include morning meetings, redirecting with questions, and more. Which of her ideas could you implement today? Click the picture below to view her video.
Teaching Students Responsibility
The 100% Accountable Mindset teaches the importance of being responsible for our own happiness and success.
Top 5 Dos and Don’ts at Home:
1. Do model the 100% Accountable Mindset at home by taking responsibility for your actions. It is important to maximize our time by doing things that energize and fulfill us, because these activities will help take us toward our best possible lives.
2. Do realize the importance of growth in everyday life. How we use our time determines whether we get the most out of each day, which in turn affects our future.
3. Don’t blame others for what has happened to you. When you blame or resent others, you spend a lot of time thinking negatively which prevents you from doing what you need to do to live your dreams.
4. Don’t harbor ill will toward others or allow your child to let the actions of others become obstacles for them. By holding onto anger, you cannot move forward to live your best life.
5. Don’t make excuses. Our greatest limitations are those we place on ourselves. When your child sees you making excuses for why you can’t do something, they are likely to reflect that same mentality.
K12 EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT
Stay Connected on the Go!
Explore K12 on your smartphone or tablet! And stay tuned, we're continually adding new app features.
The K12 app is a great resource for parents and legal guardians, keeping you in the loop starting with your online school search to completing the enrollment process to the last day of the school year and beyond!
With the K12 app, you'll have the power to:
- Start and complete enrollment
- Track your student's progress
- View your schedule
- Log daily attendance†
- Receive instant notifications
- Communicate your plans for future school years
The K12 app experience may vary by school. If you have questions, call 866.571.4316 for information.
†This feature is only applicable to schools that require attendance be added by the Learning Coach.