TES Weekly Update
May 8, 2016
A Few Words...
Happy Mother's Day! What a beautiful day it was and I hope you all had time to enjoy some sunshine. The forecast that I reviewed today looked good for this week until Friday. Keep your fingers crossed that we can proceed with Field Day on Thursday! Field Day schedules should be ready on Monday.
At Tuesday's Faculty Meeting, I introduced Raptor http://www.raptorware.com/ which we will have in place fully for the 2016-2017 school year. It is a school visitor management system. It also has staff management and can provide realtime access to account for staff/visitors in the building. Thank you to all who picked up their barcodes for your badges. Monday we will begin to adjust to the process of scanning in and out instead of signing the log book. Please be sure to scan in at your assigned time, if you leave the building for lunch, and at the end of the day.
Also at Tuesday's faculty meeting I showed an example of a lip sync conversation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LELXt7j08P0. I have been asked several times recently whether or not we are planning another lip sync/smash like last year. I think it would be awesome to see more participation from all departments of our school community to record clips as group clips instead of an entire song. Kyle has offered to record in front of the green screen. We can then just put the short clips together for a video :) Another idea for those of you familiar with Carpool Karaoke, is to have a group record themselves that way...Give it some thought, I know I AM!!
Character Ed Theme for May: Kindness
“When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world.” – Harold Kushner
Post Observation Conferences:
Let's try this again...I will be sharing a schedule for post observation conferences to schedule this week.
Thanks for all you do!
Thank you!! Staff Shout Outs!
This week's staff shared shout outs are...
Please remember to share with me who you think deserves a shout out!!
- 5/17, 5/18, 5/19 OnCourse Trainings
- 5/20 Beyond the Beat Assembly K-3 9:00 - 9:45, 4-6 10:00 - 10:45 schedules TBA
- 6/1 Science Night - pending MAY BOE approval
- Wednesday 6/15 6th Grade Graduation 7:00 pm
- Monday 5/9 MAP Testing Window opens for Spring Testing
- Monday 5/9 1st & 2nd grade walking trip the the Seaport 9:30 - 2:00
- Tuesday 5/10 Safety Committee Meeting 2:35
- Wednesday 5/11 Mobile Dentist program
- Thursday 5/12 Field Day "Tuckerton Olympics" Rain Date 5/13 - schedules TBA
- Friday 5/13 Wear Purple Day - Relay for Life $1.00
- 5/15 Retention List Due