Week of February 25, 2019
Remember to do a 'uniform check' after attendance
High Expectations for students.... We're teaching Respect & Responsibility
give out LOTS of snowflakes for ALL the good you do see :)
- Kids want/need to feel heard
- Kids want teachers who smile and are happy (the same that adults want from bosses)
- How do your students know you love your job?
- Teach every child the way you would want your own child/grandchild taught
- Be what you want to see
- Kids need to leave your class feeling better than when they arrived
BUS DUTY: Allisa Campbell Please sign up for the next couple of months PLEASE-
Welcome Back Sue! We missed you :)
Monday- (Day 107) Michelle out- Carrie cover, Emily G out- Kim, Liz out AM- Ronna
Choir 8:30, School Mass 9:00
Staff Meeting 3:30-5:00 room 2 Stella hosting
Tuesday (Day 108) Bobbie out AM- Admin Mtg
Wednesday (Day 109)
Thursday (Day 110)
9:30 Tour PK3
Prof. Devel. Meeting (Bobbie & Alissa) 3:30 Diocese
Friday (Day 111)
** This is Read Across America/Dr. Seuss Bday week**
Before // After School Activities:
Monday- Choir 8:30
Tuesday- BOK 4-8, Photography Club, Comp. Science Club
Thursday- BOK K-3, Drama
To Do List:
- Send your GOOD NEWS postcards home to students... more in the office!
- UPDATE Option C by Monday each week
- Let's focus on KINDNESS Activities this month!!!
- Blizzard of Kindness- Let's make it SNOW in the lobby- give out those snowflakes!!! Set a goal for 10 a day and see if you can double that!!!
Wonderful things I saw this week:
Let's make this a fabulous week back!!!
Don't forget to make your PAWSitive Referrals! We're almost half way through the year so we need to TRIPLE or efforts... try to suggest a couple each week!
Teach Like A Pirate!
What strategy are YOU trying this week? What gets students running INTO your classroom?
The 'P' in pirate stands for Passion: "Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things."- Denis Diderot
read or re-read the Passion chapter this week. What are your Content, Professional, and personal passions ad how can you incorporate those into your lessons?
Let me know if you use any PIRATE hooks so we can share with colleagues!
Here's another EdCamp opportunity in Orange MA. Alissa and I attended last year. Who will join us?
3/1 Middle School Dance at St. Leo's
3/2 Read Across America Day/Dr Seuss Birthday
3/4 No School Mass
3/5 Shrove Tuesday
3/6 Ash Wednesday- Mass 9:00
3/8 Early Dismissal- PD :) (lunch preferences???)
3/10 Daylight Savings
3/11 School Mass 9:00
3/13 PTO Out of Dress / PTO 6:00
3/14 Pi Day
3/16 EdCamp in Orange
3/18 School Mass 9:00, Report Cards Live
3/20 Irish Step Dancing 9:30 - First Day of Spring
3/23 Mother-Son Nerf event
3/25 School Mass 9:00 / Mass for Life
3/30 Speech Declamation
PLC/Faculty Meetings: ** We need hosts for these meetings! Thanks **