United we stand, divided we fall
This is Kentucky
Kentucky's state plant is the golden rod. They named golden rod the state flower in October 1, 1942.
Our state bird is the beautiful cardinal. It became Kentucky's designated state bird in 1926.
The tulip tree is our state tree. This tree was named the state tree in 1994.
State Capital- Frankfort
Largest City- Louisville
State Area- 40,409 Miles Squared
State Population- 4.413 Million People
State Residents Name- Kentuckians
- The last Native American battle happened in Kentucky, The Battle of Blue Licks.
- Was originally declared part of Virginia, and made a state of its own in 1792, making the 15th state.
- Birthplace of Abraham Lincoln.
- Gave 100,000 troops to the north during the Civil War and only 40,000 to the south.
- The most violent battle took place in Perryville, 1,600 people dead and 5,400 wounded.
Most of Kentucky's economics happen with the government, but we also get a lot of our agriculture cash from farming, trading, mining and many more.
Jennifer Lawrence is a very well known celebrity, people know that she's originally from Louisville, Kentucky.
Mammoth cave is the longest cave system in the world. People from all over America come to walk the rock hallways in this massive 400 mile long cave system.