A poem and advertizement by Simon, Brian, and Angel
Queen Nzinga, oh what she did,
She freed the slaves in the 1600s
In 1623 she became queen
She declared all of her territory to be free
For 30 years, she led her people to battle
The Portuguese would be the ones to scidadle
She was an African female leader
So her leadership skills would pay her African bills
The amazing Queen Nzinga!
Random Facts About Slavery
- A slave is a person kept in captive to work for you!
- The level of slave exports grew from 36,000 a year in the 18th century to almost 80,000 in the 1780s.
- The majority of african slaves were brought to British North America.
- Slaves would usually live on farms with about 15 other slaves.
- 10% of slaves were 50 years older or more.