September 20, 2019
Firstly, as I expressed in my email, I want to thank you for the joy you share with our students each day. I wish you could all have time in your day to walk through our classrooms. It is impossible to have a bad day when you see the incredible things happening throughout the building.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas at our Faculty Meeting yesterday afternoon. I have attached the slide show from the meeting below if you were not able to attend. If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by my office. I have attached a digital copy of the Absence Request Form and Resource Qualifications that were passed out in hard copy at the meeting.
Regarding scheduling for Grandparents' Day:
- 8:15-9:15 Grandparents in gym (coffee & pastries, welcome, choir performance, etc.)
- 9:15-9:45 Grandparents go to classrooms to visit grandchildren. May switch classrooms at 9:30 as needed for multiple grandchildren.
- 9:45 Grandparents and children walk to Church for Living Rosary. If the grandchild is assisting with the Living Rosary, grandparents will go to designated seating area in the Church. If the grandchild is not assisting with the Living Rosary, the grandparent may sit with the child and the rest of his/her class
- At the conclusion of the Living Rosary, students will be dismissed with their teachers by class. Grandparents will remain behind at the Church for thank yous and dismissal.
In addition, as discussed, you can find the ELA/Reading Programs & Materials Survey here. Please complete the survey at your earliest convenience.
Lastly, please note that we will continue our discussion regarding Angel Awards in the coming week. Thank you for your patience.
Have a wonderful and restful weekend!
Effective Station Rotation Management
I have already seen many of you utilizing station rotations in your classrooms with great efficiency. Bravo!
I also understand that this teaching style may not be for everyone, and that's okay! Regardless, the 10 Tips for Effective Station Rotations included below may help you make your stations more effective or encourage you to try station rotations for the first time.
Important Dates & Documents
Monday, September 16th - Friday, September 27th
First round of STAR Testing
- Reading September 16-20
- Math September 23-27
Wednesday, October 2nd
Half Day Professional Day
Monday, October 7th
Thursday, October 17th
Walkathon & Parent Teacher Conferences
Monday, September 23rd - Friday, November 8th
- Schedule initial Formal Observation for this window
- Scheduling can be completed via email