East News Flash
August 9, 2019
Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year!
We would like to take this opportunity to encourage all of you to check our Plano East Website regularly! This is a great way to locate teacher contact information, view our East Calendar, and stay up to date with all that is going on at East!
We also hope you will follow our official East Twitter Page: @EastPanther1.
Every week on Friday a new edition of East News Flash will be sent out, so be on the lookout for it!
- First Day Reminders
- Parent and Student Drop Off Changes
- Student Pictures
- August 14-Alternative Schedule for emergency drills
- Video Interns Needed for Friday Night Football
- Health Service Information
- Cotton Bowl Prep Showcase
First Day Reminders:
As we prepare for the first day of school, we want to share these important reminders:
- Our counselors have been hard at work taking care of schedule changes and balancing classes. All students need to log into parent portal Sunday night and print their schedule. Their could be some adjustments.
- Students need to remember to bring a copy of their schedule to school on Monday.
- Zero hour will meet at 8 am.
- For any student that the family has not completed the registration process on line, paid for their student id, or taken care of any holds, the student will need to come to the library located on the second floor of B2. We will have staff members there to assist you. You are encouraged to bring the following things to help the process along: If there has been a change in address, bring a gas or electric bill.
- A copy of the schedule can be found on the East website under resources.
Parking and Student Drop Off Changes
- The front staff lot has been adjusted to allow for reserved student parking as well as staff and visitor parking.
- The back east parking lost is now STAFF PARKING ONLY no students will be allowed to park in the east lot any longer.
- Student drop off is only allowed in the circle drive at the front of the building.
- There should be no students cars or parents going beyond the red X on the map below headed towards the east lot.
Please help us keep everyone safe and follow these new expectations!
Alternative schedule for emergency drills
Video Interns Needed
The PISD Athletic department is looking for motivated students who are interested in learning how to video live sporting events. No experience is necessary. Learn how to shoot video from the press-box camera deck and the sidelines. Instruction will be provided on-site. Video interns are needed for Clark Stadium on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and Kimbrough Stadium on Fridays. This internship will be a great addition to your college resume.
Interested candidates please contact Jim Macaluso at: Jim.Macaluso@PISD.edu
Health Services Information
Cotton Bowl Prep Showcase
Sept. 7 & 8:
Eight of the top Dallas-area 6-A football programs will play in the Cotton Bowl Stadium Prep Showcase, with seven of the eight having been playoff teams in 2018. One of the most highly anticipated games for the 2019 season will take place on September 7 at 10am when Denton Guyer takes on Cedar Hill. Both teams are ranked in the Top 10 of The Dallas Morning News’ pre-season All-Area Top 25 with Guyer at number four and Cedar Hill at number eight.
PTSA & Booster Club News
- Join PTSA
We encourage all of our families to join our PTSA by going to Plano East PTSA website. The PTSA supports our students and teachers in many ways. Some examples are organizing and providing the senior luncheon, senior scholarships and staff appreciation luncheons. Students and parents are encouraged to join!!
- IB Booster Club
Student Organization & Club News