JMS Weekly Update
November 27, 2022
Dear JMS Families,
This week we welcome our new Assistant Principal, Mrs. Amanda Jackson to JMS. Mrs. Jackson will be starting with us officially on Monday. Her email is included at the end of this email, should you need to get in touch with her. Please join me in welcoming Mrs. Jackson to JMS, we are happy to have her!
This week's Update contains information about the following:
Dr. Sarah Shaw, Principal
Mrs. Amanda Jackson, Assistant Principal
Tuesday - Day 1
Wednesday - Day 2
Thursday - Day 3
Friday - Dy 4
Monday (12/5) - Day 5
We are excited to support a Lebo dad, Jamie Silva, and his company, Townie Time.
Get your spirit wear in time for the holidays! The online store is live now through 12/15/22, just in time for holiday delivery!
**Items will be delivered to your home within a few days of placing your order. Place your order here: https://townietime.com/collections/jeffersonmiddle
JMS Yearbooks are on sale now through December 16, 2022. Order your yearbook and take out an 8th grade ad TODAY! yearbookforever.com
- Tuesday, November 1 at 12:00 AM- Wednesday, November 30 at 11:59 PM: $55
- Thursday, December 1 at 12:00 AM- Friday, December 16 at 11:59 PM: $60
Limited extras will be sold on the last day of school for $60
8th Grade Advertisements are also for sale from now until December 16 for $35.
Please watch this video if you need help on How to Order a 2022-2023 JMS Yearbook and Purchase an 8th Grade Advertisement.
If you are unsure if you've already ordered a yearbook, please watch the video below to see how you can check your order status: How to Check for 2023 Yearbook Purchase
JMS PTA Information
Our Membership Store is now open! We hope you will consider joining out PTA to help fund excellent educational opportunities for our children. Directory access is available to JMS PTA members only.
You can join the PTA HERE.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
SHOPPER & SCHOOL REWARD PROGRAMS
If you haven’t used AmazonSmile Before:
- Go to smile.amazon.com and sign in with your regular Amazon username and password.
- You will be prompted to choose a charity. You should enter "Jefferson Middle School PTA Inc” into the search box that appears. It will say "Pittsburgh, PA" as the location for the charity.
- Make sure whenever you check out, you always go to smile.amazon.com on your browser.
If you already use AmazonSmile:
- Go to smile.amazon.com and sign in with your username and password
- Make sure the charity you’ve selected is "Jefferson Middle School PTA Inc." This information is located under the search bar where it says “supporting”.
- If it isn’t, you can change it by clicking on the charity and selecting “change”
- This will bring you to a page where you can search for “Jefferson Middle School PTA Inc” and allow you to switch charities.
Make sure whenever you check out, you always go to smile.amazon.com to checkout.
If you shop on the Amazon app. Please activate Amazon Smile on your mobile app by opening the app and finding ’Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
Scanning Box Tops is an easy way to earn money for our school. See Box Tops for more information on how to scan Box Tops and to download the app. Receipts must be scanned within 14 days for the Box Tops to be scanned electronically.
Office Depot/Office Max
Office Depot/Office Max has a school rewards program. When shopping, remember to ask the cashier to tag Jefferson Middle School. For online orders, enter our school ID (Thomas Jefferson Middle School ID:70088453 Pittsburgh, PA) on the Thank You Confirmation page.
Resources For Families
The MTLSD School Counselors in partnership with The Allegheny Children's Initiative Inc., have compiled a list of social services resources that may be helpful to you and your family. Please take a look and reach out to these organizations. They are here to help with any of the following:
- Mental Health
- General Assistance
Safe2Say Something is a youth violence prevention program run by the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. The program teaches youth and adults how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, from individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and to “say something” BEFORE it is too late. With Safe2Say Something, it’s easy and confidential to report safety concerns to help prevent violence and tragedies.
Here’s how it works:
- Submit a report through the Safe2SaySomething system
- Crisis center reviews, assesses and processes all submissions
- Crisis center sends all submissions to school administration and/or law enforcement for intervention
- If needed, crisis center may contact tipster anonymously through the app
Jefferson Middle School
The Jefferson Middle School learning community has an exceptional reputation for its dedicated teachers, staff and parents working together to provide learning experiences for our children that include high expectations, a challenging curriculum and a shared commitment to provide the best education possible for each and every student.