April Tiger Times SV.22
Week of Monday, April 24th - Friday, April 28th, 2023
HAPPENINGS THIS WEEK
NYSESLAT Testing Continues
ELA Make-up Exams
Quarter 3 Report Cards Mailed Home
NYSED Onsite Visit Wednesday, 4/26/23
Faculty Meeting - Wednesday 4/26/23
(Both meetings, grade 7 & 8 will be held in the Media Center)
- Only administrators can assign students to In School Suspension (ISS). Student work must be submitted to Mr. Saunders no later than the start of the school day.
- Attendance is required to be taken within the first 15 minutes of the start of class. If a student is not in class they must be marked absent so that their parent/guardian are promptly notified. Grade 8 - students who arrive to school by 7:45am, must be marked present. Grade 7 - students who arrive to school by 8:35am, must be marked present. Any student reporting after these established times are to be marked late.
- Teachers are required to ensure all classroom doors, (especially those that are not occupied) and exterior doors (doors leading to the outside) are closed and locked at all times. Leaving unoccupied classroom doors unlocked and exterior doors open poses a safety hazard to students and staff. Additionally, all teaching staff are required to stand outside of classrooms during the changing of classes and dismissals to ensure a smooth transition from class to class and dismissal .
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS: If you are covering a class for the day, in the absences of lesson plans left by the classroom teacher, all students are to log on to iReady and complete a minimum of two reading and one math assignment. This is being monitored by administration.
- The Lesson Objective is to be visible to students at all times during instruction so that they can reference as needed to ensure be successful in accomplishing the goal of the lesson.
- Printed lesson plans are to be available near the door (in hanging file holders).
- Unannounced observations conducted by Hempstead High School, District Administration, and Independent Evaluators are wrapping up. Remember to log into My Learning Plan and acknowledge all components of your evaluation.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!
ENERGY EFFICIENT UPGRADES
- The Energy Efficient Project at ABGS has resulted in better lighting, more efficient heating and ventilation, upgraded stripping of entry doors, and a host of other energy efficient upgrades!
ATTENDANCE OFFICE UPDATE
As per March 20, 2023 -
- When students are bought into the attendance office after parents are contacted, please do not leave the students in the attendance office awaiting pick up (we make confidential calls to CPS, meet with parents etc.).
- For interpretation/Translation services, please utilize the Bilingual staff that are on the docket (referred back to November’s meeting notes). Interpretation requests are becoming overwhelming.
- Anyone requesting report cards will be redirected to the clinicians in the building.
- Please inform your security staff not to bring parents to the attendance office unannounced. Attendance staff will greet parents/guardian at the door.
Thanking you in advance
Laptop Carts & Laptop Keys
We will begin lending out Laptop Carts after we inventory the laptops.
Please be vigilant in maintaining the count of the laptops in each laptop cart once they begin to go into circulation. As we get ready to go into the home stretch, lets continue having the tools to make our students successful.
Thank you for your flexibility and consideration in making the NYS ELA CBT a successful one!
Loaner Laptops need to be returned at the end of every school day!! The students are able to drop off prior to their last period.
8th Grade loaner laptops are being used by teachers due to the fact that 2 students have not brought back those loaners since September. These are a first come, first serve premise if you only need 1 - 4 during the day.
7th Grade loaner laptops are distributed in the morning, prior to Period 2. If a student is late and needs a laptop, please send them with a pass. These laptops are first come, first serve.