May 9 - May 13
"Set Sail on a Voyage of Learning!"
* Webb’s DOK PD (on Edivate) must be completed by Monday, May 9th. Certificates of completion should be placed in the folder outside of my office.
* End-of-Year Faculty Meeting is Tuesday, May 10th for all certified staff. Mrs. Davis will meet with non-certified staff during planning periods between now and Friday, May 13th.
June 1st - Make-Up Hours
We have 7 hours left to make up from our days missed due to weather.
Last day for staff is Wednesday, June 1st
You will have the option of working late on the following days in May to trade-off the June 1st hours.
- Tuesday, May 17th ... 3pm-5pm
- Thursday, May 19th ... 3pm-5pm
- Tuesday, May 24th ... 3pm-5pm
- Thursday, May 26th ... 3pm-5pm
Additional information will be forthcoming ...
Please be sure that all students are being carefully supervised when outside. Students find creative uses for playground equipment and often their choices are unwise. Continue to remind all students of appropriate play and usage of equipment.
We will conduct regular sweeps of the playground areas - looking for fire ants and wasp nests - now that spring has arrived. Please let the office know if you see anything of concern.
Weather Make-Up Days
“The school day missed due to inclement weather on January 25th will be made up on May 31st, the last designated inclement weather make-up day on our calendar. May 26th will be a full day; the last two days, May 27th and 31st, will be half days.”
Events for the Week
BOOK FAIR WEEK
Monday, May 9th
- Class Pictures in Cafeteria - refer to sign-up schedule in workroom
- NO Mayo Singers (due to Mr. Ruppe's absence)
Tuesday, May 10th
- 8:15am - 2nd grade Field Trip - Greenville Zoo
- 2:45pm - Faculty Meeting (End of the Year info)
- 7:00pm - D2 Board Meeting
Wednesday, May 11th
- SC-PASS Science (4th and 5th grades)
- School Nurses Day
Thursday, May 12th
- SC-PASS Social Studies (4th and 5th grades)
- Gifted Art meets for the last time
Friday, May 13th
- Spirit Day / Hat Day
- Library books due
- 8:30am - 4K Field Trip - Strawberry Hill
- 8:30am - 3rd grade Field Trip - Rock Quarry
- May 16 - 5th grade GT Field Trip - Pigeon Forge
- May 16 - Library closed (no checkout) for inventory - Mrs. Hughey will continue to meet with classes during regularly scheduled activity times
- May 16 - Textbook Inventory begins
- May 16 - Faculty Meeting with Dr. Hinton (3pm in library)
- May 17 - 1st grade Field Trip - Strawberry Hill
- May 18 - 4th grade Field Trip - Cowpens Battlefield
- May 18 - Last day to take personal days
- May 18 - Baby Shower for Ms. Wells
- May 19 - Field Day
- May 20 - 5th grade Field Trip - Myrtle Beach
- May 20 - Last day for GT classes
- May 23 - 5K Graduation
- May 23 - Library Inventory begins
- May 24 - Field Day (rain date)
- May 25 - End of Year Awards - 1st and 2nd grades
- May 26 - End of Year Awards - 3rd and 4th grades
- May 26 - Last day for 4K
- May 26 - Last Day for Related Arts classes
- May 27 - 1/2 Day for Students (11am dismissal)
- May 27 - End of the Year Awards - 5th grade
- May 30 - Memorial Day
- May 31 - Last Day for Students (11am dismissal)
- June 1 - Last Day for Staff
- June 1 - Report Cards mailed
Be sure that you are signed up to receive faculty and staff reminders! *** To receive text messages - text @79284 to 81010 or @79284 to 8644695639 *** To receive messages via email - send an email to email@example.com