Autumn Creek Elementary Newsletter
A Note From The Assistant Principal’s Desk!
I am honored to serve you and your child(ren) this year. This year started off fast and furious, but now we are getting settled in quite well. In spite of the pandemic and its barriers on our community, I find joy in supporting our students and teachers as they take their learning to higher dimensions.
I spend a vast amount of my day with students and teachers. You might see me on Twitter capturing some of the most epic moments of your child’s learning experiences. Being in classrooms affords me the opportunity to directly apply my experience in curriculum & instruction to connect with students, teachers, and to take part in the learning experiences along with students. Oh, yes you may even see me at morning duty outside, in the cafeteria for breakfast and lunch. All of these are intentional ways I choose to make connections with our students and staff.
I believe as a school community, we play a fundamental role in positioning students for future success. I am always committed to working closely with teachers, parents, and our community members to ensure our children achieve their full potential to prepare them for the next level in their journey.
In addition to teaching and learning, there are a few tidbits I want to remind you all as we continue to build a culture of respect, integrity, kindness, and safety:
- It is imperative your child(ren) receive a good night’s rest to prepare them for meaningful instruction daily.
- It is essential our young Blue Jays arrive in enough time (prior to 7:55) to eat breakfast and engage in Soft Start and community circle time. This helps to set the tone of success for the day.
- Please talk with your child(ren) at home about their role in helping to build positive relationships with peers and teachers. Conversations may start off like:
- What are some ways we show respect to our teachers and our classmates?
- Safety means see something, say something. Please remind your child(ren) how critical it is to let adults at school know if they see, hear, or experience something that may not reflect the ACE core values.
My focal points this year are:
- To make positive connections with students, families, staff members, and our local community.
- To provide a safe environment for our students and staff.
- To challenge our students and staff to be their best selves at all times.
Once again, I am thankful for this opportunity to serve this community. An added bonus this year; I am honored to have my daughter at Autumn Creek to embark on this journey with me. Thank you all for extending such grace to us this year. I must say we have an awesome school family.
If any questions or concerns arise throughout the year, please feel free to contact me via email or phone. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-641-5700.
Monster Math Mash Up Night
Thursday, Oct. 28th, 6-7pm
Autumn Creek Elementary School, Humble, TX, USA
Staff Favorite Book
Our fourth grade teacher Mrs. Johnson shares her favorite book with us this week called, "The One and Only Bob" written by Katherine Applegate.
Bob is the little spunky dog from the prequel "The One and Only Ivan" that readers fell in love with when his hard exterior melted away, and he gave in to being a part of a family. This book tells a story of an adventure he goes on to find his sister with his two best friends Ivan and Ruby. I love this book because Bob has to find his strength and courage when faced with danger and learns what the true meaning of friendship is.
BOO GRAMS ON SALE
Boo-gram sales continue through Friday! Your students can return their order forms and cash (exact change only) to the PTO in the cafeteria or in the library between 7:30 - 8:00 am each morning. Boo gram proceeds will benefit our 5th grade class!
Important upcoming dates!
- October 22- PINK OUT for Cancer Awareness
- October 25th-29th- Red Ribbon Week
- October 28- Fall Picture Day
- October 28- Monster Math Mash Up Night
- October 30- Boo At The Barn