This Week at Remynse
Classroom Environment and Engagement
I introduced the new T-TESS evaluation during our last staff meeting. This was just a small overview of our new evaluation system. As I discussed, we will be using the next few weeks before the end of the year to prepare ourselves for the new year. I am attaching two videos for you to view before our Staff Meeting on April 21st. These videos pertain to guided reading and the management of work stations to allow for small group instruction. As we end the year and prepare for STAAR and our EOY assessments, small group instruction and the management of our work stations will be highly important. Come prepared to discuss what you saw in these videos and what you are already implementing in your classroom. These videos may be centered around literacy, but these management strategies can be utilized in any classroom. I will be sending two more short videos for you to view in our next newsletter.
Dates to Remember:
- MAVS assembly at 9:00 am
- ARD meetings
Tuesday. April 12th
- PLC meetings in the Data room
-3-6 will be reviewing additions to Planning Calendars prior to STAAR testing. We will also look at EY criteria.
- Teacher of the Year Banquet at PDC- 6:00pm-8:00 pm -Congrats Mrs. Davis!
Wednesday, April 13th
- Adams out for AP meeting until 1:00 pm
- ARD meetings- Adams and I will be at an ARD meeting together at 2:20 on this day.
Thursday, April 14th
- 4th grade Field Trip to River Legacy
- Team Leader Meeting at 3:50 pm. No Staff Meeting today.
Friday, April 15th
- Science Bowl during lunch time
- Jeans and Super Games Shirt
- Kinder Field Trip
- End of 5th Six Weeks
- Report Cards and Skillbooks due by 5:00 pm on Monday, April 18th.
- STAAR training for entire staff on Thursday, April 21st (All teachers and paraprofessionals need to attend. Reading Academy is on this date. We will train those teachers at another date. )
- Science Night will be on Thursday, April 28th from 5:30-7:00 pm. The Science Committee should be meeting to determine the events for this date in order to get event plans back to their grade levels.