Camp Jupiter News
September 16, 2016
From the PTA
Fall Fundraiser 2016
Dear Chesak, Martin and D158 Preschool Teachers,
We are excited to kick off this year’s CMPTA fall fundraiser! The key dates for the fundraiser are listed below. As always, we thank you so much for your tremendous support of the fundraiser, allowing K-5 students to participate in the kick-off assemblies, distributing packets, and collecting completed forms and associated money. Our goal is to sell $60,000 in goods so that we can generate $24,000 in proceeds for our schools. As you probably know, in past years funds have support technology in the classroom, STEM lab, and field trips, among other items.
If you have any questions about the fundraiser, please contact us at CMPTA158@yahoo.com. We will be glad to answer. Thank you!
Nicole Mullany and Jori Toman, CMPTA Fundraiser Committee
Alison Baker, CMPTA Vice President
Key Fundraiser Points & Dates
When are funds due? Please return funds with order forms
To whom should checks be payable? CMPTA
Is there online ordering available? Yes. To order online, go to https://shop.clubschoicefundraising.com/ and enter School Code CHES38 at checkout. Orders will be shipped directly to the purchaser.
Packet Distribution Date: September 16, 2016
Sales Dates: September 16-October 3, 2016
Orders Due to Teachers: October 3, 2016
Pick-up Date: November 2, 2016 from 6-8pm at Martin Elementary
From the Office
Recently staff members boarded each of Martin's school buses, and shared behavior expectations with students and drivers. Martin administration would like for parents to know what these expectations are.
- Students should always walk to and from the bus.
- When the bus is in motion, students must stay seated. Drivers will tell students when they can get up.
- Students should keep hands, feet, and all objects to themselves.
- Students must always use an inside voice while on the bus.
- The drivers' directions must always be followed...no matter what!
- Students should help keep the bus clean. There should be no eating or drinking on the bus.
- Students who bring cell phones to school must not use them on the bus, except in the case of an emergency. The driver will determine if there is an emergency. If a student uses a cell phone on the bus, the driver will take the phone and deliver it to the office. Phones will not be returned to students. Parents will have to come to the office to pick up confiscated phones , and parents will be asked not to let their children bring the phones back to school.
- Students should report all unsafe behaviors to the bus driver immediately.
If these rules are followed carefully, bus rides to and from school are bound to be more pleasant for all. Thank you for helping us stress the importance of bus safety !
Comprehension Skills: Theme, setting, inferring
Paired Selection: Seven Survival Questions
Word Sort: 5 out of my 6 groups will have their test on Monday
Writing: Adjectives, peer revising/editing/small group writing, modeling of responding to text
- round decimals
- model sums and differences
- add decimals
There is homework this weekend: Buddy Practice 2-4
- Picture Day, Friday, September 23, 2016
- Fundraiser Orders Due, Monday, October 3, 2016
- No School, Friday, October 7, 2017 and October 10, 2016