Glenburnie PS Update
Monday, November 12, Day 2
- Grade 7 immunizations 11:20 am
Tuesday, November 13, Day 3
Wednesday, November 14 Day 4
- Sr. Girls Volleyball @GPS vs Srorrington 4:00 pm
- Hot lunch - Spaghetti, Penne, or Chicken Fingers
Thursday, November 15, Day 5
- Progress Reports coming home
- Sr. Boys Vollyeball @ Elginburg 4:00 pm
Firiday, November 16, Day 1
- Queen's University Basketball Game (Grades 4-8)
- Dental health presentation - JK/SK 2:00 pm
November 19 Picture Re-take Day
November 21 December Milk Orders due
November 19-23 Bullying Awareness Week
November 23 Pink Shirt Day
November 27 Wreath Orders due
November 30 PA Day
December 3 Parent Council Potluck (6:00 pm) and Meeting (6:30 pm)
December 5 Boys' Volleyball Tournament
December 7 Recognition Assembly 2:30
December 7 Jingle Bell Walk 3:00 (Holiday Spirit Wear!)
December 10 Wreath delivery
December 17 Girls' Volleyball Tournament
December 19 Holiday Concert 6:30 pm
December 20 PJ Day
December 24-January 4 Holiday Break
Where am I now? (What can I do? What am I doing well?)
What are my next steps?
We value home school communication. Please return the bottom portion of page 2 to provide comments and if you wish, request to discuss your child's progress
Parent Council Update
- The next meeting will be Monday, December 3 with a potluck at 6:00 pm and meeting at 6:30 pm. Child care is provided.
- It was wonderful to see so many families out to enjoy our BBQ and Boo Bash!
- Please look for a direct donation option letter coming home. Parent Council is fundraising to create a Maker Space at Glenburnie. Some parents, staff and students recently visited a Maker Space at another local school and we are excited about the possibilties! Stay tuned for updates.
PLEASE REVIEW BUS SAFETY RULES:
- Be at your stop 5 minutes before scheduled pick-up in the morning (Drivers cannot wait for children to arrive to the stop.)
- Wait at your designated stop in a safe place, back from the side of the road.
- If you need to cross the street to get on the bus, always wait until the bus has come to a complete stop. Look for the stop arm to come out and for the flashing red lights. Watch the driver. When the driver is assured that all traffic has stopped he/she will signal for you to cross the street – but continue to watch for traffic yourself. Always walk, don’t run.
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and backpacks in your seat, keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Windows should only be opened with the permission of the driver.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.
- Talk quietly; the driver needs to concentrate to safely drive the bus.
- Eating and drinking (this includes chewing gum) is not allowed on school buses at any time.
- Students in Grade 3 and under should be greeted by an adult or older sibling.
- Always follow the bus driver’s instructions and treat your driver with respect and courtesy.
- If you have questions or if the bus is late, please contact Triboard Transportation at 613-354-1981 or visit their website Triboard.com. You can also contact the bus company (see below).
Hogan Bus Line (613-387-3235)
First Student (613-389-8690)