Week at a Glance
Not sure why, but I'm behind in my fall clean up. Yesterday's volleyball game and the rain prevented me from working outside yesterday afternoon. (Yes, I know this is an excuse! :-) ) The plan is for me to head outside this afternoon to do some clean up. My neighbor probably would love it if I raked up some leaves so they don't blow in his yard. I really should cut back some of the perennials too.
Over fall break I went to Holland . . . Michigan, that is! And what does one do when in Holland? Buy tulip bulbs! I went to an amazing tulip farm that had tons and tons and tons of different tulips. I had no idea that tulips came in so many different shapes and colors. I bought some pretty funky looking ones and now I need to get the bulbs planted. Hmmm. Better add that to my list to do today!
- Twin Day!
- 7:30 a.m.--grade level collaboration
- 9:00 a.m.--Veterans Day program practice in the GYM
- 2:40-3:25 p.m.--Music Makers practice
- Report cards issues
- Secret Santa forms due to Karen
- Crazy Hair Day!
- Pajama Day!
- Lockdown drill
- 7:30 a.m.--case conference--Tracey, Deb?, Jessica, & Karen
- 1:20 p.m.--case conference--Lucinda, Deb?, & Karen
- Speak Up survey due--students and staff
- Color by Grade Day!
- Fire drill
- 7:45 a.m.--Secret Santa name draw in the lounge
- 2:15 p.m.--case conference--Jackie, Deb, & Karen
- 3:30 p.m.--K and gr. 1 weekly notes due
- DATA MEETINGS: We are scheduled to hold data meetings this week; however, I am going to wait to meet with you until our next scheduled ones since we are in transition with implementing Study Island.
- TOM'S BUS: Tom (Bus #18) will have a different bus beginning on Monday. His new bus number is #36. He will continue to park in the same spot, but please let your students know about the number change.
- UPCOMING PD SESSIONS: We are scheduled to have our next PD session on November 19, but I need to move that training to Monday, November 17 during collaboration. I will be gone for a law conference on the 19th, and we have some staff members who will be gone for curriculum writing. Please make that adjustment on your calendars! The focus of the PD session will be on close reading. Please read the PowerPoint that Lindsay/Amber sent out this past week prior to the PD session. Then on November 24 we will have another PD session after school with the focus on DOK and math instruction.
- VETERANS DAY PROGRAM: We will be using the bleachers for seating at the Veterans Day program. FLS students will sit in their regular spots at the bottom of the bleachers as you walk in. I would like the upper grades to sit at the top of the bleachers and then fill downward. Since we will have guests in attendance, we will most likely need to have kindergarten and first grade students sit on the floor.
- PROGRAM PRACTICE: On Monday and Tuesday I will be practicing with the Veterans Day performers in the gym. Scott will be taking classes either outside or an alternate location in the building during the program practice times.
- SECTION 125 MEETING: A representative will be meeting with us at 8:00 a.m. on November 24 to discuss Section 125 and documentation needed for dependents.
- SECRET SANTA: Don't forget to turn in your Secret Santa form by Wednesday afternoon! We will meet in the lounge at 7:45 a.m. on Friday to draw names.
- TURKEY BOWL: It's back! The Turkey Bowl will be held on Tuesday, November 25 at 2:00 p.m. Mark your calendar! It's time to bowl! :-)