Cowboy Proud Cowboy Strong
Week of April 14-18
Our Week at a Glance
April 14 - 18 - Kdg., 1st, and 2nd grade Progress Monitoring
April 14 - Fire Drill (time will not be announced)
April 17 - STAAR Training (review) - All testing administrators & those helping must attend
April 18 - Staff Breakfast hosted by Co-Curr & Office
April 18 - All instructional materials must be covered for STAAR testing
Kristen's Quote of the Week
GT Nomination deadline
If you are interested in having a student screened for the GT program, the spring testing window is April 28th through May 9th. The deadline for the referral paperwork is April 14th. Please see Toni or Gayle for more information.
Need a Laugh? Check out this April Fool's Day joke on a teacher.
Extra Curricular Opportunities for Kids
Chess Club in 2014-2015
Spanish Club in 2014-2015
Curriculum & Instruction updates
Model VESTED Lesson Writing
Opportunities will be become available for you this Spring to earn money for each VESTED lesson written. Prior to participating you will need to attend an overview session on May 19th or 28th from 4:00 - 5:00 or 4:30 - 5:30. Lessons are written at your convenience and will then be due by June 19th. More information will be sent out soon from C & I.
Curriculum - what to expect
Cleaning up Eduphoria - the DSOs will be completely removed from Forethought.
Math - moved around based on TEKS updates
ELA, Science, Social Studies - minor tweaks based on previous teacher feedback and feedback received during curriculum writing.
The Scope & Sequence will be ready by June 6, 2014.
If you are interested in working this summer at the KISD Summer School, please be sure to turn in your application no later than May 9, 2014. An email was sent out on April 9th from Communications regarding what forms to use and who to send it to. You can also click on the title "Summer School" above to gain access to this same form.
Preparing for Enrollment for 14-15
Teacher Preparation for Class Rosters
Professional Development Catalog
You are encouraged to take as many updates as you can over the summer. The Summer Professional Development Catalog is now availabe for you. Updates/trainings required: 6 hour GT, Sheltered Instruction, and HAZCOM, PDAS Refresher. Go to the following link to view what is available to you.
Here is the innovation without technology going on in first grade this week.
We are skip counting by 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s. The kiddos worked in groups of two to create a hopscotch game board with chalk on the concrete play area. Each group was racing two other teams to finish a game board. Almost all of the groups finished all 3 boards! The winners were rewarded with some extra play time.
Hope you enjoy the photos!
Fun Incentives for Casey's Kids Fun Run...share with your students
Mark your calendar for the Casey’s Kids Fun Run in Bear Creek Park on April 26. Proceeds benefit the Casey’s Kids fund in KISD. Funds are distributed by campus counselors as they become aware of needs. We are now collecting coins! PTA will place containers for each grade level in the main foyer. Bring $5 on a Friday during the month of April and you can wear your pajamas to school! Bring $1 on a Friday during April and you can wear a hat or flip flops to school!
Casey's Kids Fun Run Facts
- This race will be a true 5K. There will be Chip Time for the more competitive runners. Runners start at 7:30 & Walkers begin at 7:50
- There will be a "Munchkin Mile" run for our youngest up and coming runners
- Shuttle service from Bear Creek Intermediate School
- Funds are distributed through our campus counselors as they become aware of needs.
- A majority of the time, the families in need do NOT ask for help. Most often, contact is initiated by one of our counselors.
- This program doesn't just serve our economically disadvantaged families. Some of our KISD families suffer from life changing events (divorce, death of a spouse, house fire, etc.) and need a hand from time to time.
- This program is a one-time helping hand for students in need in KISD. ALL funds brought in are kept LOCALLY and serve only our Keller ISD families!
- Please invite our families to join on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CaseysKids5KFunRun