Inspiring educators to work collaboratively & digitally
Tech2Teach Plans for 2015-16
GenNET participating districts are invited for the fourth year to select up to four (4) candidates to participate in the Tech2Teach Professional Development series.
Sessions this year are designed to:
- Inspire and coach teachers how to improve and integrate the use of technology
- Assist with helping teachers Increase student engagement and learning
- Develop efficient management of information.
Who would be a good candidate to participate in Tech2Teach?
- Participating candidates should be interested in learning more about increasing their understanding and use and integration of technology to increase student learning.
- Candidates should also have a desire to learn how to improve existing units/lessons by integrating technology and be interested in learning ways in which they can manage digital information.
At Tech2Teach is about "IDEAS!" Participants will:
- Identify strands of learning that is relevant or best matches their technology readiness
- Demonstrate proficient use of various tools identified within chosen strands
- Ensure the integration of technology tools into existing units/lessons with their students
- Apply the integrated lessons/units in their classrooms with their students
- Share with building staff and administration results of their efforts
2015-16 Tech2Teach Dates
Three (3) sessions will be held from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. at the Davis Education Center on the following dates:
- Session 01: Thursday, October 8, 2015
- Session 02: Thursday, December 3, 2015
- Session 03: Thursday, February 11, 2016
Participating Districts as of 9/25/15
- Genesee ISD
- Grand Blanc
- Mt. Morris
- Swartz Creek
- Westwood Heights
- GenNET participating districts were all asked to nominate potential candidates for the program.
- Substitute teacher costs will be reimbursed for participating teachers
- Educators from various levels (elementary, secondary, etc.) have been nominated.
- Local district administrative staff were allowed to consider nominating former GenNET Pioneers or Tech2Teach Participants from previous years.
"I gained a lot of knowledge during these sessions. I have enjoyed taking it back to school and sharing it with my staff. I hope to do more in the future with this group."
"This was by far THE BEST conference I've been to. I appreciate being respected as a teacher and a learner. Your presenters were so helpful, knowledgable and really passionate about teaching and learning! I can tell how much you all care about this project. I have learned more than expected, shared a lot and and eager to continue to learn more."
"Love that you put together such a high-quality, relevant and meaningful professional development series. Absolutely cannot thank you enough. I know that my students have benefited exponentially from my participation in the program."