TEAM CSF News - Weekly Update
One Team. One Goal. No Limits.
May 25th - June 2nd
- Please make sure that you check this daily....when our agenda changes, I note it on the Weekly Smore.
- Mark your calendars....Elementary Registration is July 26th! If you are willing to work on this day, please let Barbara know by Friday, May 20th.
- Please make sure that you are on time to duty. You should be at your duty location when the bell sounds, not moving to your location.
- Please make sure that you actively supervise students at all times. You should never leave students unattended. When you leave them unattended, this creates a liability.
- Please make sure that all doors stay closed and locked at all times.
- Please remember to carefully supervise all our play areas. Children find creative uses for playground equipment and often their choices are unwise. If you see signs of fire ants or wasps/hornets near any of the equipment, or equipment that is damaged please let us know immediately.
- Please remember to take a walkie with you before you go outside.
- Please make sure that parents are aware that students (Rising 2nd - 6th grades) can use TenMarks during the summer. Also, make sure that your students know their password. The user name is first initial, middle initial, last name, Graduation Date (no caps, no spaces) The password is math and then the student's lunch code (no caps, no spaces)
Things to Complete:
- Please make sure that you are submitting your lesson plans on Thursday before leaving.
- Please make sure that you update your blog by 8am on Monday morning.
- K5 and 1st Grade Portfolios are due to Ehlich by May 23rd.
- Remember that grades 3-5 must have one unit in Canvas by the end of the 2nd semester.
- Make sure that you are sending signed papers every two weeks.
- Make sure you are entering grades in PS each week.
- Please remember that grades are stored 10 days after report cards go home. If you need to change a grade, you must see me.
- RtI - Please make sure that you bring a copy of your Intervention Sheet with you to the meeting so that we have one to keep.
- Please sign up for Technology in Two on June 2nd.
Staff Development Opportunities
June 2nd Technology in Two
Monday, May 23-
- Blogs Updated
- Duplicate Report Cards printed
- 4th 9 Weeks and EOY Awards due to Ehlich before leaving
- 5K and 1st Grade Portfolios due to Ehlich before leaving
Tuesday May 24-
- Fun Day
- 5K Graduation
Yearbooks will be distributed
Wednesday, May 25-
- 3rd Grade Awards at 9
- 4th Grade Awards at 8:15
- Kelly at Literacy Coach Meeting
Thursday, May 26-
- Last Day for 4K
- 8:15 4K Program in Media Center
- 1st Grade Awards at 9
- 2nd Grade Awards at 8:15
Friday, May 27-
- Activity Schedule will be emailed to you
- Student Dismissal at 11
- 5th Grade Awards at 8:15
- Lunch will be on your own (I will make an announcement when you may leave)
Monday, May 30-
- No School
Tuesday, May 31-
- Last Student Day
- Student Dismissal at 11
- We will have our end of the year Faculty Luncheon (Please wait to be called)
- 100 BC Reward (Berry will send additional information)
- Teacher Check-out (1-3:30pm)
Wednesday, June 1-
- Teacher Workday (7:30-3:00; Lunch will be 11:15-12:30)
- Teacher Check-out (8:30-11:30, 12:00-3:30)
Thursday, June 2-
- Technology In Two
Technology and Media Center End of School Checklist
Media Center End of Year Checklist
Library and Core Books
·Invoices for students with lost books to Lancaster (teacher)
·Book basket carts due to library.
·Unaccounted for books replaced by classroom to Mrs. Berry.
·Social Studies student and teacher texts can be given away.
·Any not given away will be turned in to Mrs. Berry for disposal.
·Science will be retained as back up for digital textbook.
Mrs. Berry will collect.
·Appointments will be made by grade level to collect.
·Journeys will be collected, including all materials.
·Envisions will be collected.
·Teacher must be checked in.
If needed, they can be checked back out.
·All consumables in math and handwriting must be turned back in.
·We will use the Spartanburg County Public Library’s Summer Reading Program – “On Your Mark; Get Set; Read.”
Send home the letter and reading record
- iPads in 3rd-5th grade come to Media Center as is scheduled with teacher to be stored. 5th grade ipads will be checked for issues and returned to the student for the summer.
May 27 – after kids leave
- iPads for teachers – check in and out as needed.
- Apple TV checked in
- Please continue to give tickets.
- Please have students write their names on the back of each ticket.
- We will have daily drawings for visits to the prize box.
A Few Safety Reminders...
1. Conduct a daily “safety scan” of your classroom each morning as you enter the room. Remove or relocate any items that may create a safety hazard.
2. Ensure the door to your room is closed and locked at all times.
3. Be aware of your surroundings as you walk. Watch for potential slip and trip hazards.
4. Ensure you have a class list with you at all times.