Lakeview MS - RtI Reminders
January 4, 2016
- Participant will have a clear understanding of RtI and tiers
- Participant will have a clear understanding of the RtI process
- Participant will have a clear understanding of Tier 1 strategies, and Tier 2 and 3 interventions
- Participant will reflect on the information given and provide feedback to help clarify campus and individual understanding
WHAT DOES THE RTI PROCESS LOOK LIKE IN LISD?
HOW ARE THE TIERS DIFFERENT?
Tier 1 Review
Tier 2 and 3 Reminders
RTI UPDATES - ITEMS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!!!
Now that you are into your RtI routine, here are some reminders about the process:
1. Have one person create a FOG on a student, and direct the other teachers to input on that FOG - You don't want to have a bajillion copies of the same FOG, so assign one person to begin the FOG.
2. Other content area teachers are not forgotten - RtI areas are required to be focused on reading, math, speech/language, and behavior. If you are a content area teacher, you just need to decide WHERE to place your intervention. For example, if you are a science teacher and you are working on writing lab results, then you could intervene with writing, and your intervention would be included on the ELA page of the FOG.
3. Each RtI area has its own page - ELA is always Page 2, Math is Page 3, and Speech/Language and Behavior is Page 4. This pattern is the same on all FOGS.
4. Save, save, SAVE - Eduphoria is a great system, as long as you SAVE each time you enter your work. Otherwise, you will need to enter your work all over again.
5. Resources and more resources - Keep checking back to the LISD RtI Reference Page to get the most recent information. It is being updated constantly. You teachers can also access this page in Eduphoria->Forethought->Scope and Sequence->LISD RtI Reference Page.