THS Choir Newsletter
April 12th, 2020
This week's message from Mrs. Brewer
Our awesome librarian has tips on how to get more organized and less overwhelmed.
This will help you troubleshoot some of the programs your child is using.
THS choir weekly calendar
Mrs. Brewer's work phone is 832-953-5302 (8am-4pm.). Do not hesitate to call.
Google Classroom Assignments for this week
Participation Grade (completion grade):
- Daily Warm up: The warm ups will be like the ones from last week, (3-4 minutes piece). Use your school id to log in to edpuzzle, sing with the video and answer a question. 12 points a piece for completion. You must submit the question to receive credit.
- Sightreading factory: Log in to Sightreading factory and complete two of the exercises. A "how to" videos are in Google classroom for both rhythm and singing assignments. Due Tuesday and Thursday. They are less than a minute a piece. 20 points a piece for completion.
Video upload (competency grade):
- Upload a video of yourself singing the daily thirds exercise. The grading rubric and criteria are in google classroom. Video due Friday (approx 1 minute). I must see your handsigns.
Parents can join the google classroom. Email me and I will send you an invitation.
Checklist for this week
- Watch the video Mr. Jesse created to help you with organizing this new platform
- Watch the videos I have provided in google classroom so you do the assignment correctly.
- CONTACT YOUR TEACHERS if you have any issues via email, googleclassroom or their google voice number.
- Look at your calendar in googleclassroom to help organize your due dates.
- Do the daily warmups every day, not in clumps. They are made to be done daily and it is better for your voice to do them daily. You do not have to look at the screen until you answer the question. It is a great way to start your day or take a break from other work. They are 3 - 4 minutes and you are SINGING!!!!
- Breathe....it will be ok.
Text your class code to 81010
2nd period Concert Men @b99k
3rd period Varsity Chorale @be3f49
4th period Concert Women @h296bk
6th period Advanced Women: @k33f4