Bienvenidos! Welkom terug! Nous saluons le retour! Willkommen zurück! and Welcome back!
Dr. Tracy Brewer
Assistant Superintendent of Instruction & Learning
Student Services Coordinator
Jo Anna Moreland
Instructional Resources Coordinator
District Testing Coordinator
Math / Science Coordinator
ELA / Social Studies Coordinator
The top 4 changes proctors need to know about for fall MAP testing:
- The school proctor role has changed; school proctors can no longer see other school proctors’ test sessions
- Tests that have 30% or more items rapid-guessed will be marked invalid. Learn how to prevent this from happening
- Students taking MAP Growth (not MAP Growth K-2) have four new tools on the toolbar. The Student Practice Tests will update before fall testing so students can practice taking the assessment with these changes. Learn more about practice tests in the user community here. The changes to the toolbar are:
- A digital notepad
- The ability to eliminate answer options
- A line reader to make it easier for students to track a line of text
- Proctors have the ability to configure what parts of an item will be read aloud when Text to Speech is used.
Class and grade reports will begin showing reasons for test invalidations
Effective August 18, the Class and Grade reports will explain why any test was invalidated.
K-12....Check out these resources that promote our young authors:
Seesaw app: http://web.seesaw.me/
Pixie- Tech4learning- http://www.tech4learning.com/pixie
Book creator- http://redjumper.net/bookcreator/
K-12 Teachers, check out this list of authors who Skype with classes and book clubs for FREE!! http://www.katemessner.com/authors-who-skype-with-classes-book-clubs-for-free/
Check out Page 3 for some incredibly engaging Learning Strategies that get our students involved and communicating in all levels of Social Studies classes:
Navasota ISD will be part of the Math/Science Fee Service at Region 6 ESC for the 2018-2019 school year. One of the professional development sessions we will be able to participate in, at no additional cost to the district, is the Elementary Mathematics Institute Level I. Teachers who sign up will need to attend all 7 days.
Session #325761 Day 1 9/20/18
Session #325765 Day 2 10/23/18
Session #325766 Day 3 11/7/18
Session #325767 Day 4 12/6/18
Session #325769 Day 5 1/9/19
Session #325771 Day 6 2/5/19
Session #325772 Day 7 3/5/19
Please feel free to browse the Region 6 professional development website to find additional sessions that teachers might need or in which they are interested. We will not be able to actually register until 9/1/18.