Type 2 Diabetes
What it means?
"Diabetes Basics." Facts About Type 2. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013.
- Increased thirst and frequent urination.
- Increased hunger.
- Weight loss.
- Blurred vision.
- Slow-healing sores or frequent infections.
- Areas of darkened skin.
- Staff, Mayo Clinic. "Definition." Mayo Clinic. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 25 Jan. 2013. Web. 26 Apr. 2013.
- When the pancreas does not produce any insulin.
- When the pancreas produces very little insulin.
- When the body does not respond appropriately to insulin, a condition called "insulin resistance"
"Diabetes Health Center." Type 2 Diabetes Causes and Risk Factors. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Apr. 2013.
- Fasting blood glucose level-diabetes is diagnosed if it is higher than 126 mg/dL two times
- Hemoglobin A1c test
- Oral glucose tolerance test -- diabetes is diagnosed if glucose level is higher than 200 mg/dL after 2 hours
"Living with Diabetes." Treatment & Care. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013.
Total: 25.8 million children and adults in the United States—8.3% of the population—have diabetes.
Diagnosed: 18.8 million people
Undiagnosed: 7.0 million people
Prediabetes: 79 million people*
New Cases: 1.9 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older in 2010.
"Diabetes Basics." Diabetes Statistics. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2013.
changing ur diet