Existentialism and Authenticity
By: Alexander Priest
A philosophical theory or approach that emphasizes the existence of the individual person as a free and responsible agent determining their own development through acts of the will. (Google)
The idea that a person, and no other power or cause, decided the life they live. There is no existence of a God or karma-like power to organize a persons life.
The Origions and its Founder
The question of exsitentialism
Dos and Don'ts
- Allow others to change your mind.
- Let the ideals of others conform you to a specific role.
- Allow stereotypes and expectations to change you views of the world.
- Live your life by the worlds standards.
- Blame consequences on other people or external powers.
- Crumble under the weight of society and fall in line with all other people.