Breathe in......Breathe Out!
What is the Respiratory System?
Brain Pop Video
Smoking is bad for your lungs. Smoking causes little hairs in your bronchial tubes go away and that helps you breathe. Smoking can also cause lungs cancer. That is why you should not smoke.
The Main Organs!
The main organ that is mostly used throughout the system is the lungs. Your lungs expand and contract, supplying life-sustaining oxygen to your body and removing from it, a waste product called carbon dioxide. Your lungs are a part of a group of organs and tissues that all work together to help you breathe. This system is called the Respiratory System.
The Places where it happens
Functions and the main cells that are used....
The Respiratory System
The system where breathing counts!
Where you breathe in and out
Exhale in and then exhale out! have fun!!!:)
How do you breathe?
First, air travels through the nose or mouth when you breathe in. It then moves down the trachea to your lungs, where it fills tiny sacs called alveoli. These are surrounded by tiny blood vessels called capillaries. Oxygen from the air seeps through the alveoli and into the capillaries. Red blood cells inside the capillaries transport the oxygen throughout your body, delivering it to all the cells that need it. A separate set of capillaries surrounding the alveoli pass carbon dioxide (a poisonous waste gas created by your cells) from your blood to the alveoli. The carbon dioxide is then expelled from your body when you breathe out.
Did you know?????
- 300 million alveoli may be found in a pair of human lungs.
- Approximately, 1500 miles of airways are present in human lungs.
- In human beings, right lung is larger than left lung for accommodating heart.
- We often notice people yawning, aren’t we? It happens when the brain detects low oxygen levels in lungs and it triggers back the response to the body, so that it can intake large amounts of oxygen.
- An average person breathes in the equivalent of 13 pints of air every minute.
- Young children laugh for an average of 300 times in a day, whereas adults on average of 15 – 100 times in a day.