Wolfpack Parent Newsletter
KIPP CONNECT Middle School - Week of September 28, 2020
Meet the Fine Arts Team!
Method of Learning Survey
Method of Learning Survey:
-You will have the opportunity to complete the Method of Learning survey from September 21 – 28, in order to select your child’s method of learning for the second nine week instructional cycle. Here are the two options:
• OPTION 1:
· 100% online learning, five-days-a week. This would continue virtual learning for students for the second nine week instructional cycle if parents opt into this method.
• OPTION 2:
· 100% in-person learning five-days-a-week in a classroom in a school building on our campus.
Every family must fill out another Method of Learning survey for the second nine week instructional cycle even though you completed one earlier this summer.
Families who do not make a choice for their child’s method of learning by September 29 will be placed in option one–100% online learning. Parents may inform us of any changes until October 5th, so we can plan accordingly.
The Method of Learning Survey is available today by signing into your child’s SchoolMint account: Link- https://kipptexas.schoolmint.net/signin
Last day of MAP testing for Lower School is Monday 9/28:
Attendance: Live classes are highly encouraged!
Free Breakfast/Lunch for all KIPP students:
Grab & Go Meals
Grab & Go Curbside meals are only available to students enrolled in KIPP Texas schools.
Because we know that well-nourished and physically fit children learn better, we take great care in providing nutritious and delicious meals to all our KIPPsters. As you may already know, KIPP Texas is offering FREE breakfast and lunch to registered KIPPsters! Please visit the Grab & Go meal page on our website to see the times, meal pickup location for your school, and for more information. If your child attends one of our new schools, please complete a meal application first, if you haven’t already done so. For our new schools only, the application process will determine the cost of the meals – free, reduced price, or full price. Meals will be completely free to all KIPPsters not attending our new schools. Today, we want to let you know that you can see what we will serve for breakfast and lunch in your region! Check out our regional menus for KIPP Texas-Austin KIPP Texas-Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Texas-Houston, and KIPP Texas-San Antonio. Don’t forget to bookmark the page and come back every month, as we will update the menus monthly
- Keep all emails and phone numbers current. If they change, let us know immediately. We will be contacting you daily or weekly. Sign up for all of the text message reminders and follow us on social media.
Register to Vote!
- Don't forget to register to vote or update your voter registration by October 5th if you are eligible!
- Make a plan to VOTE! Early voting in Texas runs from October 13- October 30 and election day is Tuesday, November 3. All Little and Big KIPPsters will be released early on November 3 to give you time to vote.