By Jade Morris
What is Angina Pectoris?
Diagram of discomfort caused by coronary artery disease. Pressure, fullness, squeezing or pain in the center of the chest. Can also feel discomfort in the neck, jaw, shoulder, back or arm.
What Causes Angina Pectoris?
How Common is Angina Pectoris?
What are the Risk Factors?
Risk factors for stable angina include:
- being overweight
- having a history of heart disease
- having high cholesterol or high blood pressure
- having diabetes
- not exercising
- older age
Large meals, vigorous physical workouts, and extremely hot or cold weather can also trigger angina.
How can Angina Pectoris be Prevented?
You can help prevent angina by making some lifestyle changes.
- Quitting smoking
- Monitoring and controlling other health conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes
- Eating a healthy diet
- Increasing your physical activity
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Reducing your stress level
How can Angina Pectoris be Treated?
Figure 6 http://www.acesurgical.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x800/ 9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/6/1671485_01.jpg