Teacher Leadership Academy - Ses. 6
You're Always Interviewing!
- Based on what you know is important in this role, what questions would you ask ? Work with your team to develop a question. Share out.
TIPS FROM THE TRENCHES
- Find out what you can about the school before your interview
- Be conversational
- Be authentic
- Don't appear to have an agenda or initiatives you want to push
Fit is EVERYTHING when it comes to a coaching role! You may have all of the skills necessary to be competent in the role, but if you're not a fit with leadership team or staff, it's difficult to move things forward.
"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do." -Henry Ford
Beyond the Interview - Some food for thought...
- Our district is collaborative. People talk to one another outside of school.
- Engage yourself in leadership opportunities to connect with teachers and leaders from other schools.
- Your thoughts???
So what's next???
What are your "take-aways" from the 9 hours we've spent together?
Please complete the following reflection to celebrate your learning and to help us improve what we offer teachers in ISS.