Allison Library Newsletter
Did you know this is also the number of books Ms. Jenkins will shelve this month?
- The library received two $100 grants to purchase books from First Book. Thank you First Book and ddsDiscounts!
- The library received ten new desktop computers. Thank you Capital One and Mr. Velasquez!
- Ms. Jenkins attended a Big 6 research webinar on April 5th.
- Ms. Jenkins visited Harris Elementary library on April 6th.
- Ms. Jenkins attended the STEAMfest at Martin Middle School.
- RIF/Books For Me was held during the week of April 11th. Allison is full of monster readers!
- TRS volunteers visited Allison on April 15th and did a lot of work. They donated $330 worth of new books to the library!
- Ms. Jenkins attended the Texas Library Association conference in Houston on April 20th-22nd.
- Ms. Jenkins attended our Dia de los ninos event and got to give away hundreds of books. Thank you for the books, Mr. Morris! Thank you for all your help, ACE Americorps and Ms. Martinez!
Monster Readers during RIF/Books For Me Week
END OF YEAR INFORMATION
- Student books are due on May 20th.
- Student overdue reports will go out during the week of May 23rd. Students are expected to have clear records before the summer. Students who cannot pay for lost books will be asked to work in the library.
- Staff checkout lists will be distributed during the week of May 16th. Please either return or renew your items by May 27th.
- The library will be closed May 9th-11th for STAAR testing.
- Keller Williams will visit PK-2nd grade classes on May 12th.
- Ms. Jenkins will be distributing summer reading logs and information about her summer reading program.
ONGOING LIBRARIAN ACTIVITIES
- Plans for seven grade levels and teaches 28 classes per week.
- Maintains library calendar.
- Shelves library materials.
- Attends AISD Librarian meetings.
- Represents the EMVT at AISD Boundary Advisory Committee meetings
- Attends campus CAC and staff meetings.
- Assists teachers and staff with obtaining books for lessons, etc.
- Maintains library collection and catalog.
- Promotes use of the public library.
Some people wonder why libraries gets rid of books. Here's an interesting article about the need for librarians to "weed" their collections.