Summer Retreat 2017
From Annelies & Conduit for Change, LLC
Lotus & the Butterfly Women's Healing & Transformation Retreat
Friday, Aug. 11th, 7pm to Sunday, Aug. 13th, 10am
618 Salter Path Road
Pine Knoll Shores, NC
The lotus and the butterfly are metaphors for change which is inevitable and evident in all facets of life. We loose relationships, jobs, health, a parent... while other times we gain hope, courage, or a new possibility. Take time for YOU! Reflect among compassionate women in a beautiful natural environment of the sound and shore near Emerald Isle, NC. We’ll explore and let go through story, music, meditation, movement, ritual and collective art-making with guest Soul Collage facilitator, Amenie Schweizer.
- $645 (2 nights, 4 meals + retreat. Private bedroom, beach front + pool)
- Have you attended this retreat before? Come again to enjoy solo R&R for $545. This is also the discounted rate for therapists, coaches & affiliates. Need a scholarship? Just ask.
- You may choose to stay longer to solo R&R and/or receive additional support with Annelies for 1-1 coaching for an additional fee. Email or call for details.
- Registration closes Aug 1st. (No refunds)
Busy professional women who are at a crossroads and want clarity, a break from life, from work, and from that stuff you don't want to face alone. If you're eager to release those heavy parts of life that tend to weigh you down and get in the way of designing what's next, then you'll feel right at home with us during this thoughtful retreat. Let go and explore with us.
Imagine a weekend where you don't have to cook or manage anyone else's problems. Now imagine a compassionate and creative experience where you may safely and confidentially express, find peace, learn to let go, share and come fully alive.
How do you deal with change?
Do you stuff it? Move quickly hoping it'll go away? Leap to the next thing? If you've not taken time to slow down, reflect, be still and appreciate what's valuable as a result of what's changed, this is your invitation to embrace change and learn the art of letting go while you de-stress, refresh and create what's next. Times of transition are oh, so difficult and beautiful all at once. Find the beauty in what's changing.
Which one of these are you facing?
- High stress job/life/situation or simply overwhelmed
- Forging new paths- life/work/retirement/legacy
- At a crossroads, in transition or facing the next chapter
- Dealing with hidden grief or compassion fatigue
- Experiencing health changes, are a survivor or care-taker
- Entering new "trigger" phase of life through empty-nest, divorce or death
- In a helping field ie: teacher, therapist, counselor, coach or other health-care practitioner
If you are looking to let go, expect to gain ... peace of mind, creativity, community, and healing while learning coping tools and strategies to deal with or lead change in yourself or others- then join us. You'll feel SO much better.
What to expect
- explore change through creativity
- release what's stuck, stressing you out or holding you back
- reflect in the presence of other women like you
- experience nature, collaborative art-making and shared expression
- experience group coaching to acquire tools, gain perspective and receive support in a safe and confidential space
- engage in nature-based activities that foster healing and release
- practice stillness, quiet and self-compassion
- learn change strategies, coping tools and overall practices of well-being
- learn empathy-based communication skills
- learn the fundamentals of behavior change
- walk away revitalized and knowing what's next for you
- bring back joy, peace and sense-of-self into your life and work :)
About the Facilitator(s)
Annelies M Gentile, MA, ACC is a presence-based leadership coach, consultant, pioneer and thought-leader who helps professionals to expand, explore and step up, beyond their comfort zone through creative inquiry. She considers herself a process-artist, guiding people through processes of change. Annelies holds a masters in integrative coaching and is confident that empathy is more valuable than any credential. Her formal education includes a BA in creative process and social change, a MA in coaching (Maryland University of Integrative Health), additional grad-studies in conflict transformation and peacebuilding (European Graduate School in Switzerland), and transformative leadership (Tai Sophia Institute). Annelies is also professionally accredited with ICF (International Coaching Federation). Annelies' lives in Raleigh with her sweetheart Greg Whitt of DRUM for CHANGE and her fish, Blueberry. They are both a practicing Aunt and Uncle for children everywhere. Annelies believes her secret sauce to success is compassion.
Our guest facilitator is expected to be Amenie Schweizer, well-seasoned holistic health counselor and life coach who'll guide us in the Soul Collage art-making process.