A BRODWAY MUSICAL
The story of Wicked takes place before the Wizard of Oz. It is the wicked witch of the west side of the story. Elphaba and Glinda meet at college. Glinda is pretty and popular. Elphaba suffers a skin condiction wich makes her skin turn green. Elphaba and Glinda are sent to Emerlad city to work with the Wizard of Oz. However the Wizard is making changes that Elphaba does not agree with, Elphaba speaks aginst him. Elphaba is then labeld the Wicked Witch of the West. In the end Elphaba escapes, she is not melted and Glinda learns to be a less shallow person.
* Wicked uses more than 250 pounds of dry ice per show.
* The Dragon's eye is made of red LED lights that never burn out.
* Wicked uses 8-10 miles of cable.
* Actors changed from one costume to another in 1.5 miuntes.
* There are 179 different types of finished leather for costumes.e
* The show has 90 wigs using 70 per show.
* There is 175,000 pounds of scenery per show.
* 1,000 feet of steel cable have been used for the monkeys wings.
* Outstanding Costume Design
* Outstanding Set Design
* Favorite Long - Running show