Where will you spend your gap year?
Reconnect Scribe Program for future MD/DO/PA/NP students
Look at your "gap year" with a new perspective.
If selected as a Reconnect Scribe, you will begin your clinical scribe experience after graduation from your bachelor's program in Roseburg, the heart of Southern Oregon. The next cohort of Reconnect Scribes begin their journey in summer 2017. Will you be one of them?
Outcomes of being selected as a Reconnect Scribe
- Gain professional experience in a clinical setting
- Complete over 1,000 patient contact hours while earning wages as a medical scribe
- Work side-by-side with practicing physicians
- Observe provider-patient interaction during patient appointments
- Engage in interpersonal realationships with providers, clinic staff, and patients
- Experience the healthcare landscape of a rural community
- Develop empathy for the unique needs of a medically underserved population
- Strengthen your resume for Medical, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner Programs
Interested in Applying for the Reconnect Scribe Program?
In addition to completing our online application, please submit the following documents via email to Lferguson@healthyoregon.com :
- Your professional resume or curriculum vitae
- 1-3 Letters of recommendation
You will receive a confirmation email that your documents have been received. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by Friday, April 28. Remote interviews via video will take place in early May.
If you have any questions about the Reconnect Scribe Program or the application process, contact:
Lacey Ferguson, Education Coordinator
Area Health Education Center of Southwest Oregon