Coach Spotlight ~ Abby Mauro
Let's get to know Coach Abby!
1. Hi! Can you tell us a little bit about your cheer experience?
I cheered with PFCA for 9 years (wow!). I then cheered for PHS's Varsity squad for 3 years. This past year, I returned to PFCA to help coach Senior Ice for half a season.
2. Do you have a favorite cheerleading quote that can inspire our girls?
"Winners train. Losers Complain"
3. Since you're an experienced cheerleader, can you (pretty please!) share some advice?
Be open to trying new things! You will be surprised to see how much you can really do!
4. What about some words of wisdom to some of our experienced cheerleader?
Continue to push your self every day! There is ALWAYS room for improvement.
5. What do you think is the best part of being a part of a team?
Bonding and getting to know everyone on a personal level. Your team becomes your family.
6. If you could have a team song, what would it be?
Oooh! I already have one! It's "World's Greatest" by R.Kelly. My team has been singing this song since 2006!
7. Are there any songs you'd rather not have played during practice?
Ha! "Cheerleader" by OMI. The song says, "She is always right there when I need her," but cheerleaders are NOT always there when you need her... they have practice! :) :) :)
8. What memory/keepsake do you want PFCA cheerleaders to take away with them at the end of a season?
I want everyone them to know they always have someone there for them in this program. I want the girls to leave PFCA with life long friendships. I met three of my very best friends from PFCA in 2nd grade, and now we're juniors in college and closer than ever.
9. And because candy is super important, do you have a favorite?
Yes! Swedish fish!