AEB Weekly 10/17/16 to 10/23/16
Akins High School Band - Austin, TX
General Announcements, Information, and Events
- No marching contest this week! Enjoy some well earned rest and relaxation!
- After Friday, October 14th, the first trip payment is $165, which includes the payment of $150 and the $15 late fee.
- Jazz Band materials are available in the Band Hall on the table outside the Assistants' Office. Auditions will take place after school on November 2nd and November 3rd. Rehearsals will start the week of November 7th.
- Remember to stay on top of your payment plans. You must be current on any payment arrangements in order to make payments towards the Santa Fe trip or lessons.
- Popcorn money is past due. Any unpaid popcorn money has now been charged to your CHARMS account.
- Gold Card money is past due. The last day to turn in money for Gold Cards and still receive profit is Monday, October 17th at 9:00am. After 9:00am your CHARMS account will be charged the full amount owed ($10 per Gold Card.) You may also return any unsold Gold Cards, but they must be returned by 9:00am on Monday, October 17th.
Akins HS Wind Symphony - Fall Concert
Tuesday, Oct. 18th, 7:30-8:30pm
1500 Barbara Jordan Boulevard
Lobby opens at 6:30pm. Seating is available at 7:00pm.
Concert is free and open to the public.
Student Audience Itinerary/Schedule (AEB Students NOT in Wind Symphony)
- 5:15pm - Meet at AHS Band Hall
- 5:30pm - Depart for AISD PAC
- 6:30pm - Arrive at AISD PAC
- 7:30pm - Concert Begins
- 8:30pm - Reception
- 9:00pm - Depart AISD PAC
- 9:30pm - Estimated Return Time to Akins
Wind Symphony Schedule
- 6:00pm - Meet at AISD PAC - Warm up in Black Box
- 7:15pm - On Stage
- 7:30pm - Concert
- 8:30pm - Reception
- 9:00pm - PAC Closes
Football Game vs. Del Valle - Middle School Night
Thursday, Oct. 20th, 7:30-11pm
3200 Jones Road
This is Middle School Night! We will have students from Paredes, Bedichek, Bailey, and Mendez joining us!
- 4:30 - Students released from class, report to band hall and/or cafeteria to eat dinner.
- 5:10 - Inspection in sections.
- 5:45 - Load busses.
- 6:00 - Depart Akins.
- 6:30 - Arrive Burger Stadium.
- 7:30 - Game begins.
- Half Time Performance
- 11:00 - Estimated return time to Akins.
Wind Symphony Information
Concert Attire for Fall Concert
The following will be provided:
- Pearl Necklace
- Bow Tie
You will need to provide the following:
- Close toed black shoes
- White dress shirt
- Long black socks
- Black dress shoes (marching shoes are acceptable if clean and polished)
Wind Symphony to UT Wind Ensemble Concert
Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 2:30-9pm
Music Building & Recital Hall, Austin, TX, United States
Itinerary / Schedule
- 2:30pm - Meet at Akins HS
- 3:00pm - Depart for UT
- 4:00pm - Concert Begins
- 6:30pm - Concert Ends (Approximate)
- 7:15pm - Dinner (Location TBD)
- 9:00pm - Estimated Return to Akins
Paredes MS Director Mr. Hefler lays out the game plan for HS help at Paredes.
Alex R. shares his thoughts to invested high school band members.
AEB is anxious to get started with the future eagles at Paredes.