Room 3 News
April 22-23, 2013
What we will be learning this week:
Another beautiful weekend in San Diego!
Happy Earth Day!
What will be learning/doing Next Week:
* Language Arts Unit 5: Week 4- There are four seasons: spring, summer, fall, winter
- Vocabulary: outline, wondered, season, increase, blaze, scorch, observe
-Spelling:cow, mouse, out, mouth, cloud, fork, fall, town, how, brown, born, sure
- Words to Know (read): against, fall, sure, wondered, season, orange, yellow, below
- Grammar/Mechanics: synonyms and antonyms
- Phonics: ow and ou words.
- Skill: Sequence: First, Next, Then, After That, Finally
* Math- Continue with Subtraction Strageties to 20 and word problems
* Writing- using synonyms to write more powerful sentences
- Speeches: All first graders will begin giving speeches over the next few weeks. The girls will be presenting their first speeches the week of April 29th. I will be sending home the topic this Friday. The boys will go on the following week beginning on May 6th. The students need to be prepared on their speaking day. Please look for the topic and rubric to come home every other week for a total of 3 speeches.
- Summer Enrichment enrollment is now open. Go to the SBSD website to learn more!
- A special Ocean Week homework is going home tonight. Be sure to read all the instructions before you start.
May 6-10 STAR Testing for grades 2-6 MAPS for grade 1
May 10- First grade performance in the FAB at 1:15
May 20-24 Ocean Week
May 23 Open House 6pm
May 28- Field Trip to Birch Aquarium
May 30- Gold Medal Ceremony