Ms. Francois Monthly Newsletter
WHAT WE ARE LEARNING THIS MONTH
* Social and Emotional Learning – We are learning how to be a good friend and celebrating differences amongst our classmates.
* Reading – In class, students have finished the book Poppy by Avi. We will begin our first unit entitled "Happy to Help" where we focus on how to help people.
* Writing – Students have begun to write in their writing journals daily. We will begin to transition this to Narrative writing. Students will be taken through the writing process.
* Math– Students will continue working on multiplication. Please work with your child at home to discuss what "groups of" means. This will continue to reinforce concepts taught in class. Students may also begin working on multiplication facts 1,2 and 5.
* Science – We will continue our sound unit.
HOME WORK AND TAKE HOME FOLDERS
Students will not be assigned an actual homework packet this year. Periodically students will be asked to finish in class work if they need additional time.
Students now have access to their iReady account from home! Students will be expected to complete 45 minutes of math and 45 minutes of reading instruction each week. On average students should pass two lessons within each subject during this time. Students will be given time to complete this in class during center rotations. If students are unable to complete these in class you will be notified, and we ask that students finish the lessons at home. Students are always able to complete more lessons if you would like.
Please check student’s take home folders daily to gather any notes and/or forms that need to be read and returned.
There has been a slight change in the specialist schedule.Monday- Music
Wednesday- Physical Education (P.E.)- Please wear closed toed gym shoes every Friday.
Thursday- Library- Bring all library books back every Thursday to check out new books!
MONDAY-THURSDAY INSTRUCTIONAL SCHEDULE
10:45-11:25: Lunch and Recess
11:25-11:55: Math Centers
11:55-12:35: Specialist (Library, Music or Art) *see schedule above
1:05-1:55: Reading/Writing Centers
2:05-2:15- Working Snack time
FRIDAY INSTRUCTIONAL SCHEDULE
10:45-11:25: Lunch and Recess
11:25-11:30: Bathroom and Handwashing
11:30-12:00: Physical Education
12:00-12:15: Math Centers
12:45-1:20: Reading/Writing Centers
1:20-1:30: Working Snack time
DROP OFF AND PICK-UP REMINDERS
- We would like to ask that all parents who are picking up after school please use the designated pick-up area.
- While in the pick-up area please maintain social distancing.
- To ensure student safety, we are asking parents and students to not use the bus entrance to retrieve their child.
- If you are picking up by car, please place the designated signs on your dashboard and hold them up so staff can see them as you move through the line.
- We are asking all students to remain seated until they are called by a staff member.
Thank you for your assistance in following our school procedures as our main goal is to keep all students safe :)
NOTES FROM MS. FRANCOIS
- 3rd grade students have an early lunch this year starting at 10:35 and ending at 10:55.
- Send your child with a filled water bottle daily as we do not have extra available for students to use. We ask that all students take them home at the end of the day to wash and bring back the following day.
- Ensure your child has a healthy snack daily.
- To reward positive behavior, we are continuing to use our SOAR tickets. Students receive these for showing respectful, responsible and safe behavior. Students will be able to “cash” in their soar tickets at our new Falcon store within our building.
- Please send your child with an extra mask daily to use if needed.