The Cars of the Future!
Hybrid Electric Cars
How it Works
- These cars contain both a gasoline or diesel-powered internal combustion engine as well as an electric motor and battery.
- Can be partly or wholly run on electricity while still having the ability to be fueled like normal cars.
- CREATES LESS POLLUTION FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND MORE SAVINGS FOR YOU!
MAKING AN ELECTRIC HYBRID VEHICLE
More about It
- COST: Like all cars, the price of an electric hybrid vehicle varies anywhere from about $25,000 to over $70,000
- MAINTENANCE/LONGEVITY: Maintenance is similar to normal cars since it still has a regular combustion engine. The electrical system (battery, motor) requires minimal maintenance. With proper care, an electric hybrid car can last for many years to come!
- Encourages efficient driving
- It's quiet
- The brakes last longer due to regenerative brakes (energy created when using braking the car is collected and used to power the car)
- Contributes less to global warming
- Cars are expensive
- Lower highway mileage
- Doesn't work well when traveling long distances