Becoming a Connected Leader
Getting to Know You
Use the code 55 83 43
RELATIONSHIPS, RELATIONSHIPS, RELATIONSHIPS
The WHY of Being a CONNECTED LEADER
My Personal WHY
SAMR and the Staff Meeting
Building Your PLN: Personal Learning Network
So What is a PLN?
Why a PLN?
- 24/7 PD
- Connecting to Amazing Educators
- Access to Resources
- Staying "in the know" on the latest in education
Using Twitter to Build Your PLN
Don't have a Twitter Account?
2. Enter info, choose "handle" (your Twitter name)
- Keep it short & professional
3. Follow 5 people or groups (see below for suggestions)
4. Add your contacts
5. Add a photo and bio (no egg heads, please)
Getting Started with Followers..a few ideas:
Find people you connect to and then follow who they follow.
Getting Started with Twitter
Organizing Your Twitter Account
The Power of a Twitter Chat
Resources to Get you Started
The Basics of a Twitter Chat
Social Media to PROMOTE!
Start Using Twitter for Your School
Creating a School Facebook Page
Rethinking the Staff Meeting
The Power of Blogging
Other Blogs to Check Out
Principal Online Read Alouds
McIntire Read Aloud Page
Google Hangout on Air Tutorialhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZJM4TDBj2Q&feature=youtu.be
Principal Video Messages for Students, Parents and Staff
Some of my FAVE WEB 2.0 TOOLS
SMORE-Transforming the Newsletter
For Parent Nights
Poster My Wall
Fake Ticket Generator
Reflecting with Padlet
- What's ONE thing you want to try?
- What's ONE tool you use that wasn't mentioned?