~ Hawley Elementary School Newsletter: January 8, 2023 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti.....
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Teachers, and Staff,
I hope that everyone had a Terrific School Break & a Wonderful Holiday Season. We are excited to be back with a lot going on.
Buckle up, stay seated, and keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .....
~ Winter Assessments ~
We have begun DIBELS upon return and will begin iready this week. DIBELS looks at phonemic awareness and reading skills. iready looks at skills in both Math and Reading.
We conduct a DIBELS assessment on all K-2 students and those receiving extra support in grades 3-4. iready is given to all students in grades 2-4 and grade 1 is piloting the math assessment for the first time.
There is no studying or preparation for these assessments. All we ask is that students get a good night's sleep and are in school on time and for the full day.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
~ K-1 Assembly ~
~ School News ~
Please Click Here for the Elementary School Counselor's Newsletter.
~ Kindness Month ~
The Kindness Cart
Kindness Assembly: We all gather as a school (see below ;0) to hear students' writings about Kindness & Inclusion. Each grade also leads the school with a meaningful song.
The BIG Hawley-Day Gathering
Friday, 1/13, is a 3-Hr Early Release Day. No Staff or Students will go to SH. Buses in the morning will drop off ALL Students at Reed. ALL Parent Drop Offs will be at Reed. We will have our Kindness Assembly and spend the rest of the day with Buddy Classes enjoying Winter-Themed Movies, doing crafts and enjoying Hot Cocoa. Movies will either by Rated G or PG. If you do not approve of a PG winter-themed movie, please reach out to me.
ALL students will need a bag lunch from home on this day.
It will be a Hawley Wear Spirit Day (or blue and white)!
At the end of the day (12:37 pm) ALL Students will board buses at Reed or be picked up at Reed.
It is going to be a Glorious Day, TOGETHER!!
~ PJ Day for Kids ~
Important Reminders / General Info
- Friday, 1/13: ALL students are dropped off and picked up at Reed and need a bag lunch from home.
- Since we are in 2 buildings that students are unfamiliar, and with the end of the day being very busy, we ask that no students be picked up between 3:00-3:25 PM.
- If you are wondering..... ASK!
Dates to Remember
- Tues, 1/3: School Resumed
- Mon, 1/9: Grade 4 Winter Concert, Reed Cafe, 7:00
- Fri, 1/13: 3-HR Early Release Day (12:37)- Professional Development
- Fri, 1/13: ALL STAFF & STUDENTS AT REED (students need lunch from home, ALL drop off and pick ups are at Reed). NO ONE goes to Sandy Hook.
- Mon, 1/16: NO SCHOOL- Martin Luther King Day
- Wed, 1/25: General PTA Meeting, 4:30, Reed Library
~ Food for Thought ~
Follow Us On Twitter
*For us to use your child's likeness, we need your permission. Permission must be granted annually via the ParentPortal.