October 9, 2020 - October 23, 2020
Farney Elementary Facebook
Francine the Falcon Instagram
Farney Elementary Twitter
Upcoming Important Dates
- College and Career Day-wear your favorite college/career shirt
- Curriculum Night via LIVE ZOOM from 5 pm to 6 pm
- Fall Portraits
- Spirit Day at Willies (11 am - 10 pm) Mention Farney at check - out
- Red Ribbon Week
- First Day of 2nd Nine Weeks
- Report Cards Go Home
- Picture Day for Connect Students
- Thanksgiving Holiday
Message from Dr. Reilly
We have had a busy couple of weeks. Yesterday, Farney was recognized by Dr. Henry for earning the No Place for Hate designation for 2019-20. Go Falcons! Our Student Council also received the Superintendent's Coin for their donation to the Fun Run. These items will be displayed in our trophy case. I want to share a couple of additional updates.
1. We will have 155 Connect students transitioning back to Face to Face learning on November 9th. At that time, 73% of our students will be learning at school and 27% will be learning from home.
2. Picture day for F2F learners is October 15th. On retake day, November 19th, Lifetouch will photograph the students that have converted from Connect to F2F learning. They will take Connect students' pictures after school on November 19th. Lifetouch will share a schedule in the coming weeks.
3. Virtual Curriculum Night Presentations will be emailed TODAY. The format will be a presentation with an embedded video from your child's teacher. We will have a LIVE Zoom on Tuesday, October 13th from 5 pm-6 pm for you to pop in and ask questions.
4. Next week is college and career week. I loved college so much I went 3 times! I went to Sam Houston for my bachelor's degree, I attended the University of Houston for my master's degree, and finally, I received my doctoral degree from Lamar University last December! I was the first in my family to graduate from college. I will be representing my BEARKATS on Tuesday! Join me by wearing your favorite college/career shirt on Tuesday, Oct. 13th.
October Core Essential: Integrity
Integrity: Choosing to be truthful in whatever you say and do.
College Week: October 12-16
Help us celebrate college week by wearing your favorite college shirt on Tuesday, October 13th.
Red Ribbon Week: October 26-30
It's never too early to start planning. See our RRW schedule below.
Gifted and Talented Nominations
The parent nomination window for Mid-Year testing is available now – November 30th. Parents can request Horizons testing for their child by contacting the counseling office by calling or emailing.
Grades K,2,4 email@example.com 281 373-2873
Grades 1,3,5 Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org 281 373-2860
Release of Information Forms
If you are needing Behavior Rating Scales completed or are wanting the school to communicate with an outside entity, private tutor, doctor etc. , you will need to complete a Release of Information Form for this school year. You can request this form through the counseling office. When asking teachers to complete Behavior Rating Scales, you will need to give one week’s notice to allow teachers ample time to complete the forms. These forms will be faxed directly to the doctor’s office and you will be notified once this is completed.
Credit By Exam
Although the application window has closed to be able to skip a grade for the current 20-21 school year, there are 2 opportunities available during the year to test to skip for the 21-22 school year. Please see the district website for testing dates and application deadlines..
Breakfast and Lunch
Due to screening protocols, we will not be able to deliver lunch drop offs. Cy-Fair Nutrition Services will provide breakfast & lunch at no cost to ALL children 18 & younger, beginning September 8. Meals will be at no cost through December 31 pending funding availability in accordance with USDA regulations.
Breakfast and lunch options will be limited at this time. Breakfast choices will include the hot entree of the day or yogurt, and lunch options will include the hot entree or a sandwich with Sunbutter. The menus are shown below on the link, "What's Cooking in September?" Cookies and ice cream will not be available until further notice.
Unfortunately we will not be able to have lunch visitors this year.
All payments will be through your student's account. Information on how to create an account is below.
Curbside Meals for CONNECT Students
Cy-Fair Nutrition Services will provide breakfast & lunch at no cost to ALL children 18 & younger, beginning September 8. Meals will be at no cost through December 31 pending funding availability in accordance with USDA regulations.
All children 18 & younger who are not attending school on campus may receive Curbside CONNECT grab and go meals. Children do not need to be enrolled in school or of school age. Children are not required to be present to receive meals, but parents/guardians MUST have an approved form of ID for each of their children to receive meals.
Students who attend school on campus are not eligible to receive Curbside CONNECT meals. Receiving the same meal at multiple campuses on the same day is not permitted.
**Goodson Middle School is the closest meal pick up location to Farney
Student birthdays will be recognized on the announcements. Treats and/or birthday party invitations may NOT be passed out at school.
Parents may choose to purchase a birthday book donation for their students. Contact the librarian for more information.