The Gayman Gazette
"What Is Your Gift"
March 21, 2016
Upcoming Important Dates
- March 23rd - No Kindergarten; Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Conferences
- March 24th - No School - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- March 25th-28th - No School - Spring Recess
- March 29th - No Kindergarten; Kindergarten Parent/Teacher Conferences
- March 31st - Reading Olympics Read-A-Thon @ 3:30 PM
- April 1st - Spirit Assembly @ 2:00 PM
- April 7th - Reading Olympics Pizza Party @ 3:30 PM
- April 7th - Reading Olympics Competition at Mill Creek @ 6:00 PM
- April 7th - End of 3rd Marking Period
- April 12th - 15th - PSSA Testing
- April 14th - Principal's Award Ceremony @ 2:15 PM
- April 15th - Beach Bash Fundraiser Dance @ 6:30 PM
Gayman Elementary Gallery of Art
Plan to tour the Gayman Elementary Gallery of Art with your child before or after your conferences to see the amazing work our school community has created this year! Students in grades 1-6 will have both two and three-dimensional works of art on display in a variety of media for you to enjoy. Our students are eager to share with you what they have been learning about and creating in the visual arts this year!
Important PSSA Information
The Pennsylvania Department of Education has established the following time line for PSSA testing:
- PSSA English Language Arts: April 11-15, 2016
- PSSA Mathematics: April 18-22, 2016
- PSSA Science: April 25-29, 2016
If a student is discovered using and/or having a cell phone or other electronic device in his/her possession during the administration of the PSSA exams you will be contacted by the school.
For PSSA Parent Information and FAQs along with a one-page letter regarding cell phones click here.
GHSA Benefit Dance
Over the years, the Gayman Home & School Association has proudly provided help to our Gayman Families in times of need. Whether it’s organizing meals, assisting with child care, transportation or donations, we’re there to help. Come join us on April 15th for a dance and benefit in support of a Gayman family in need. Please click here for additional details.
In addition, we are looking for donations for our raffle basket. Please click on the SignUp Genius link below to see what items we still need.
Start Running With iRun4Life
Warm Weather Coming
Spring and Summer Programs at St. Mary Medical Center
Click on the link below to view the website:
This year, Gayman will continue to accept nominations for the Boomerang Award, which is our way of honoring students who best demonstrate their own developmental assets. What are Developmental Assets? Students possessing a combination of “40 Assets” are typically most successful in school and in life. These assets have the power to influence choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. For a complete listing of the 40 Developmental Assets visit: www. Search-institute.org.
March #17. Creative Activities. Young person participates in creative activities which have a direct positive impact on him/her and others. Their creative activity can take a variety of forms - music, drama, art, or any other creative activity. Boomerang nominations may be emailed to Suzanne Vass at firstname.lastname@example.org, or printed out and sent into the office.
CB Looking For Homebound Instructions
Interested candidates applying for the position should submit an online application at www.cbsd.org (Employment page) on or before March 22, 2016 or click here.