LMHS Class of 2021
"WE WILL MISS YOU!"
DEAR CLASS OF 2021 AND FAMILIES
Dear Class of 2021 and Families,
This document is designed to serve as our communication platform as well as our space to commemorate the Class of 2021. I want to thank all of the seniors and their parents and guardians for partnering with us during this unprecedented school year.
Students, despite this atypical finale, I hope that you are extremely proud of your academic and personal growth over the last four years and confident that you are ready to take on whatever challenges that post-LM life will bring. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these difficult and restricting times. While these senior activities and graduation may not be exactly what we envisioned prior to the pandemic, the Class of 2021 will be making history, and we will never forget the time we were able to spend with you.
**This page will continue to be updated so stop back and visit for pertinent information.**
COMPLETING THE SCHOOL YEAR:
- Seniors will not be expected to remain in their current classes beyond the date of the regularly scheduled end-of-class date for seniors (May 7th). Teachers of senior students will have a culminating project or cumulative assessment to measure the learning outcomes in their courses. The due date can extend beyond the date of May 7th; that decision is up to each teacher.
- Students will complete their senior project with guidance from their senior project advisor as a culminating experience to the senior year.
- Seniors will complete their senior project experiential phase from May 10th until May 28th.
- Seniors will present their senior project during the week of June 1st (we will also use Friday, May 28th for senior project presentations).
CLASS OF 2021 IMPORTANT DATES:
- May 4th: Senior in-person class picture (optional)
- May 7th: Seniors last day
- May 10th till May 28th: Senior Project Experiential Phase
- May 15th: Senior Prom 7PM till 11PM at Lower Merion High School
- June 1st: Yearbook distribution from 8AM until 9:30AM in the Lower Atrium
- June 1st till June 7th (we are also using May 28th for presentations): Senior Project Presentations
- June 4th: Senior Awards Ceremony (9AM) at Lower Merion HS (Seniors only and invite only)
- June 4th: Senior Picnic (11:00AM) at Lower Merion HS (all seniors)
- June 7th: Senior Graduation Practice (1PM) at Lower Merion
- June 8th: Graduation on Arnold Field at Lower Merion HS (10:30AM)***
SENIOR CLASS PICTURE:
On Tuesday, May 4th we will offer an optional Senior Class Picture on Arnold Field at 11am for any senior that would like to participate. We will follow our Health and Safety Guidelines during the picture process by being outside with a space between students in the Arnold Field Visiting Stands. This picture will be available for purchase.
Also, the picture that serves as the backdrop to this online information update is the members of the LMHS Class of 2021. The picture is also included below and will hang as a banner on the front of our building for all to see as we commemorate this class. We are working on making this available for purchase.
The District has purchased a Billboard sign on Lancaster Ave to celebrate the Class of 2021:
THE LOWER MERION SENIOR PROM (5/15/21):
PROM TICKETS AND INFO:
Prom Tickets - The cost of prom tickets is $55.00 and will include food and beverages. Tickets will be on sale April 22nd through May 3rd. Payment can be made at this link: Prom Tickets
Students will be expected to abide by all Health and Safety Guidelines and school rules including strict adherence to the Drug and Alcohol regulations outlined in the student handbook. For students to attend the Prom they will be COVID Rapid Tested on Friday, May 14th - see letter below. The Prom is for current Lower Merion students only.
PROM COVID TESTING:
- All attendees must take a COVID test on Friday, May 14, at Lower Merion High School between the hours of 8:00 am and 2:00 pm. Any student who is ill, tests positive for COVID-19, is subject to an isolation period, or is subject to quarantine as a close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend the prom. Students should avoid carpooling to testing to minimize the chances of being designated a close contact.
- Please register HERE and complete the attached permission form with a parent signature even if you are 18 years old. If you have previously registered and have a personalized QR code, you do not need to register again. Please bring a paper copy of the consent form with you on May 14th if you have not turned one in for Activities/Athletic. See consent form below.
YEARBOOK DISTRIBUTION (6/1/21):
We will be following our Health and Safety guidelines for seniors coming in to get their yearbook. For those seniors that will not be able to come in and get their yearbook on 6/1 - please contact Ms. Nora Christman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a yearbook pick up day/time.
SENIOR AWARDS CEREMONY (6/4/21):
On Friday, June 4th at 9:00 am we will host our Annual Senior Awards Ceremony (invited senior students only) in the Lower Merion Auditorium (all students that attend will be socially distanced at 6 feet in the auditorium and no other guests will be in attendance except for the LMHS administration). In this ceremony, we will honor and recognize the many amazing accomplishments of our students. A letter will go out to all students being acknowledged or receiving an award. Only those students receiving an award will be asked to attend this event. We will livestream the event for parents/guardians and family members. The students that attend will be required to follow all of our Health and Safety guidelines while in the building. If a student being recognized does not feel comfortable coming in for the event - that is fine and they will still be recognized and they can watch it livestreamed.
GRADUATION PRACTICE (6/7/21):
On Monday, June 7th we will have a Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal at 1:00 PM at Lower Merion HS (meeting area TBD). Additional details will be forthcoming. No student will be permitted to participate in the Graduation if they do not attend the rehearsal. We will be following our Health and Safety guidelines.
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION - PLEASE REGISTER:
Seniors, please remember to set up your LM/H Alumni Association account. You can find the information on how to do that by clicking here. Registering with the Alumni Association will ensure that you will be kept in the loop for future reunions and important news about your alma mater and classmates.
Please see the message below from The Lower Merion/Harriton Alumni Association Board:
Dear Class of 2021,
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! We know that many things are different for your class, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But one thing that remains the same is that once you graduate, you will join the proud ranks of Lower Merion and Harriton alumni.
In order to keep you up-to-date on reunions, other activities and events of the Lower Merion/Harriton Alumni Association, we need to get the best contact information for you after graduation (your lmsd.org email address will be deactivated next year). Please follow the link (clicking here - same link as above) to create your new alumni profile.
The Lower Merion/Harriton Alumni Association Board