May 17, 2020
All of the students that recycled from January-March received a raffle ticket each time that they recycled to win 2 Disneyland Hopper Tickets. Watch the video to find out who our two lucky winners were!
Thank you to all of the families that recycled this year. We raised $925 dollars that will go back to Maple Hill. A big THANK YOU to the Smith Family (Logan and Addison Smith's parents and Grandpa) for overseeing our Recycling Program this year. We are always in need of parent volunteers to assist, please let Ms. Morris know if you are interested in joining the crew next year.
Pick Up/Drop Off Of Student Materials
May 26th, 27th, and 28th
Dear Maple Hill Families,
As we prepare to close our school year, we have prepared procedures that will allow us to return student materials that were left at school prior to the closure. As we work in partnership to ensure the safety and well-being of our community, it is of the utmost importance that all procedures and practices outlined below are followed without exception. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text Mrs. McNeil with your questions at 909-248-4404.
Procedures for Pick Up/Drop Off Of Student Materials
- May 26th-28th Pick Up/Drop Off Days (see schedule below)
- Due to staffing and time constraints, we will not provide make-up times for pick-up of materials. If you are unable to pick up your child’s belongings during the assigned date and time, we will hold their things until school resumes.
- To align our practices with local governing agencies and the health department, we will not allow parents to pick up belongings for any child other than their own.
- To ensure small groups of people and the safety and well-being of students, parents, and staff, we will not distribute belongings to children in one family across multiple grade levels. If you have more than one child, you will need to come to school more than once during the designated times to pick up your child’s belongings.
- Do not come to the school site if you are experiencing mild symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath) or mild fever.
- Before you arrive:
- Write your child’s first and last name on a piece of notebook -sized paper and place it on your dashboard (see picture below)
- Have masks for every passenger in your car.
- Make sure you know designated date and time to arrive.
- When you arrive:
- Enter the staff lot from the driveway along Maple Hill Road.
- You will be directed to pull forward and remain in your car at all times.
- A staff member will read the name that appears on the paper located on your dashboard.
- You will be directed to open your trunk without exiting your vehicle
- A school employee will place your child’s bag inside your trunk and close the trunk
- You will pull forward to the top of the driveway.
- If your child has any textbooks, library books, books borrowed from the teacher, a staff member will hold up a box for the driver of the car to place the books into.
- You may not exit your car at any time for any part of this process.
- After you leave:
- You will exit the lot on Eaglefen Drive.
- Important Information:
- Every individual in the car must be wearing a mask. If any individual is not wearing a mask, you will be asked to exit the campus and go back home to retrieve masks.
- No walk ups will be allowed. All families must enter campus in a vehicle.
- Materials being distributed may include: student work, personal water bottles, pencil boxes, sweaters etc. that your child has left on or inside his or her desk.
- We will not be collecting any 4th or 5th grade instruments. Those will need to be returned to the district office for cleaning (Information Below).
- We will not be taking any Chrome Books that were checked out for Distance Learning. 5th graders will return their Chrome Books at the district office. TK-4th graders will hold on to their Chrome Books over the summer, or until further advised (Information Below).
- We will not have Lost and Found items available. We will hold on to all items over the summer. When it is safe, we will invite parents on campus to retrieve Lost and Found items.
- Please refer to the schedule below so that you can plan your week accordingly.
On your assigned day and time, write your child's first and last name, along with their teacher's name, on a piece of paper. Place this paper on your car's dashboard for staff to read.
Dates and Times for Pick Up/Drop Off
Car Route for Pick Up and Drop Off
Chrome Book Return
TK-4th graders who borrowed a Chrome Book for Distance Learning, will hold on to their Chrome Books over the summer or until further advised. Many of our TK-4th grade students will need their devices for Summer School.
5th graders will need to return their Chrome Books to the district office.
The district office will scan the Chrome Books and clean them upon return.
5th Grade Parents need to drop off borrowed Chrome Books at the district office starting Tuesday, May 26th through Thursday, June 4th. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
No drop offs on Fridays, since the district is closed.
District Address: 880 S. Lemon Ave, Walnut, 91789
Music Instrument Return (4th & 5th Grade)
In an effort to collect all music instruments while maintaining COVID 19 health protocols and guidelines, we are asking that you drop off your child’s music instrument using the schedule listed below. Before you arrive, please tape a piece of paper with your child’s first and last name and Student ID onto the music case of your instrument or Recorder. When you arrive, please remember to:
- Wear a face covering at all times
- The drop off location is at: 880 S. Lemon Ave, Walnut, 91789. (Signs will be posted)
- Enter the District Office through the Lemon Ave entrance, drive straight and the drop-off area will be on the right-hand side.
- Stay in your vehicle. Someone will retrieve the instrument through your window.
- Once your instrument is collected, please drive through the parking lot and exit through the same driveway that you entered. We will have signs posted to help navigate traffic.
- Please adhere to the schedule outlined below. If you cannot, please contact your music teacher.
- Students do NOT have to be present for the drop-off. Limit your car to one person.
If you have any questions, please email your child’s music teacher.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Classified Appreciation Week
Maple Hill LOVES our Support Staff! This week we are honoring our Support Staff for their dedication and commitment to our children.