Mattos Family Update
September 5, 2023
Safety Patrol is Back!
Dear Mattos Families,
Our one and only drop off and pick up loop has members of our 2023-2024 Safety Patrol helping out! Please use our loop to drop off and pick up as this helps ease traffic parking on the streets. Just a few drop off and pick up reminders:
- Please leave early enough in the morning to drop off by 8:23 a.m. After 8:25 a.m., students will have to go to the office for a tardy slip.
- The loop in front of the office is the only drop off and pick up area.
- The loop near the 1st/2nd Playground is not for drop off or pick up.
- The middle lot is for staff only- not for drop off and pick up.
- Use the crosswalk when crossing the street.
- "S" in S.O.A.R. is for SAFETY, so please help us reinforce that at Mattos.
- Parents/Guardians: Want to volunteer in the morning from 8:00-8:25 a.m. with Safety Patrol? Contact email@example.com
Reminders and Announcements:
- Illnesses: All students must be fever and vomit-free for 24 hours prior to returning to school without the use of medication.
- Coming Soon- PTA Reflections Contest...Stay tuned next week for details!
- Thursday, September 7: Mattos PTA STEM Night (see flier below)
- Tuesday, September 12: Dairy Council Cow Visits Mattos
- Thursday, September 14: 4th and 5th Grade Bullying and Harassment Presentation
- Tuesday, September 19 @ 3:00 p.m.: Mattos Safety Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, September 26: SSC/ELAC Meeting
- Friday, September 29: S.O.A.R. Assembly
- Volunteering in 2023-2024? All adults who volunteer on campus or on a field trip at any time during the school year must complete the CiviCore application. If you are returning as a volunteer, please resubmit your information in CiviCore. If you are new, please visit FUSD's website here.
Soaring in education,
Mattos Spirit Wear- Sale Ends 9/7
Chess Club w/ Mr. Sandifer
Mattos Robotics Club w/ Mr. Sandifer
Join Mattos PTA- 168 Members Strong! Let's Get to 200!
Mattos PTA STEM Night
Mattos Office IMPORTANT Info
-Please pick your child up by 2:55 on regular days/1:40 on minimum days.
-If you have moved, please let the office know.
-If your child forgets something at home, please leave it outside the office on the cart. Label the item with your child's name and room #. If the item(s) are dropped off prior to 9:45 a.m., we will have the item(s) delivered to your child's classroom. After that time your child will need to get the item(s) from the cart during recess or lunch.
-If your child is absent, contact Miss Ginger at firstname.lastname@example.org OR 510-793-1359.